[SIGH] E for Effort - [PvX, NA] - Because small guilds are the best!

Stark.1350

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read this. If centaurs laugh at you for being too slow, and pocket raptors are constantly stealing your lunch, this may be the guild for you. 🙂

Some info about us!

Currently, we're looking to recruit a bigger number so we can run guild convergences with a bigger group. We usually average around 15-20+ online per evening, though we often have members that play throughout the day. We are soft capped at 100 for members. I really enjoy being a part of a smaller community. I prefer getting to know the people around me on a personal level and building something together vs. just needing X class for something or not talking to one another.

• While we are a chill, relaxed guild, there are some rules and expectations:
  • Discord is required. 18+.
  • Be a decent human being. No one here will yell at you for not being good enough, or not having the proper DPS numbers.

I expect that you'll represent and try to be a part of the guild, but representation is not required all the time. With that being said, while I don't crack the whip on representation, we're really looking for people who want to try and be a part of the guild.

Some things you can expect from the guild:

• We are a maxed-out guild hall.
  • Most of us are on Ehmry Bay for WvW. Transfers welcome!
  • Training raids one day a week/Progression raids one day a week.
  • Strikes/WvW/meta events as well as silly guild events like guild movie nights!

We have a mixture of new players and veterans. Some of the people in this guild I have played with for years and some of our newer players have dove right in. I am not a guild leader that is going to hold your hand, or make guild leading a job; I will ask that you make some effort as well in becoming a part of what we are. I think you'll find it rather rewarding!

At this time, we're looking for people a bit more experienced as well. New players are great, but they have a very long way to catch up to the content that we focus on. We go into more difficult content with a positive attitude and about having fun, even if we aren't successful. We are definitely not pro gamers by any stretch of the imagination. With that being said, we have cleared all strikes and five of the raid wings so far. We have an active discord as our main chat platform. Even a mini-games manager who does little games both in and out of GW2!

We have a ranking system in the guild that gives you access to specific things in the guild hall, as well as other benefits, such as priority invites to strikes and raids. You gain ranks based on your activity level in the guild; i.e., showing up for events, chatting, and helping other people out, whether in game or on discord. We also have an inactivity system. If you go inactive for longer than two months without me knowing why, you'll be removed from the guild. We really value communication here! You'd always be welcome back though!

I'd love to chat with you further and answer any questions that you might have. Feel welcome to hunt me down in game - Stark.1350. You can also join our discord server and chat with us there if you'd like. https://discord.gg/YJTbQfKa4s Thank you so much for reading this!

Edited by Stark.1350
Topic edited
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked what I saw. I'm Brazilian and I want to have fun and improve my English skills, I like GW2 a lot but couldn't fit in in guilds with only weekly activities where no one knows each other, just help with an X class and that's it. The time I most enjoyed any MMO was when I tried to win an end-game content in FFXIV blindly and tried to learn the mechanics without reading or knowing and discovering it, not min-maxing and only when we had tried a lot, we saw only that specific part we didn't get. Unfortunately, they don't like GW2... so I'm searching a guild with kind of the same vibe of exploring the content and have fun with it and its okay to die... a lot... Is it like this or are you guys a little more serious?

11 hours ago, LmFail.1035 said:

I liked what I saw. I'm Brazilian and I want to have fun and improve my English skills, I like GW2 a lot but couldn't fit in in guilds with only weekly activities where no one knows each other, just help with an X class and that's it. The time I most enjoyed any MMO was when I tried to win an end-game content in FFXIV blindly and tried to learn the mechanics without reading or knowing and discovering it, not min-maxing and only when we had tried a lot, we saw only that specific part we didn't get. Unfortunately, they don't like GW2... so I'm searching a guild with kind of the same vibe of exploring the content and have fun with it and its okay to die... a lot... Is it like this or are you guys a little more serious?

That's totally okay! Please message me in game next time you see me online. 🙂 I'd love to chat with you more! We run our events at 6 p.m. PST, so I'd want to check if that's okay as well.

• Stark.1350 changed the title to [SIGH] E for Effort - [PvX, NA] - Because small guilds are the best!
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Stark --- are you still looking for folks? 

I'm on the hunt for what I think you're offering, and welcome to chat a bit more about it. I'm hoping to find a smaller sized guild generally for hitting Strikes/Raids and other random activities with as time allows. A laid back approach and having fun is a shared mindset that I bring to the table. For personal progress I generally run most strikes each week (having ran all on non-CM), and have Wing 1-4 full clear experience. I had to take a step back due to time constraints from a previous static group that I ran with, and would love a small guild atmosphere to run with and enjoy end game content and activities with. I am active most evenings EST. I generally run and rep an extremely small bank guild with 2-3 close friends that share it but definitely looking for a small guild to enjoy the game with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Stark.1350 changed the title to [SIGH] E for Effort - [PvX, NA] - Small guild looking to grow just a bit.

Honestly if you are looking for a casual guild to join, new or old, sigh is the place to be. They welcomed me into the harder content I’ve never done before and pushed me through it, explaining every step of the way! We do raids and strikes on an almost weekly basis, and also have plenty of people willing to help with other content. They make me feel welcome. And mistakes are encouraged, can’t learn if you don’t mess up, which I really love about our guild. Plus we have so many fun arguments and conversations in game and in discord. Like how do you like your bacon? Seasoned? Not seasoned? We are one of the most welcoming guilds I have ever been in. If you’re looking for a little family to play this game with, Sigh is the place for you. We’d love to meet you :)

Attended my first guild meeting Today (or yesterday depending on timezones):

- Was made to praise the guild leader (Maksyn) with unwavering praise, whom I had never met before. Kinda hella odd tbf.

- Was made to recite a poem to further boost his "well-deserved" ego. Apparently "original works" go a long way, whatever the 'f' that means.

- Was made to pay a 500g non-negotiable gold fee, which Mak claims will go to "a good cause", and was told to not ask questions beyond that.

- Promotion in the guild can only be earned by cooking Mak a smoked back bacon sandwich with salt and pepper - with a side of tea (guess the wrong tea and you're kicked) - every Sunday. 365 days later you may or may not get a promotion, depends if he likes you enough and remembers.

- Side note: Gifts from the store can also help to "smooth things along"...which again is just really bloody weird.

All of this...and I can't make this up...was mentioned 3 times...in the first 30 minutes of the meeting. The meeting lasts for an hour. I just don't know what I am doing here, I really don't.

Oh, and it's a good guild and you should join...or something I dunno.