I've had a similar situation today, wondering if there was a daily cap after two t3 rift events only giving me the t1 essence for the lure event part. The second part of the event did reward me with a gold medal like usual, but no chests.  It seemed like many people in squad had the same issue at the same time, so I guess it is the maps bugging out perhaps? A daily cap came to mind, but that wouldnt make too much sense, considering we all had different amounts of rifts completed at that point (been farming for about 4 hours while others joined more recently). 

Edited by McMarc.1276
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A little follow up to this: I did some more rifts on a different map (bug happened on straits of devastation earlier) after a little break (same day) and it turns out there is NO apparent cap for the essences. Everything went back to working as intended, so I am now pretty confident in saying it's happening when a cerrtain instance gets bugged out. Reloading the area or switching maps should fix that, at least it did the job for me. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, McMarc.1276 said:

Well... another followup. Seems like all non SotO maps seem to actually HAVE a cap. While doing this weeks weeklies, I noticed that I only got rewards for 2 t3 rifts on each non SotO map. No cap on SotO maps for sure though. Much confusion

And I think I might have been on a non-SotO when it happened to me. Something to keep an eye out for.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Surely A-Net will step in and clarify?! I just did a few more tangled depths t3s JUST TO SEE and got more t3 essence after my just mentioned "cap". It's completely screwed, there seems to be no coherrent logic. Bug or cap, from my experience it happens more often than not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1