Can't do alliances? Get rid of the tier system and randomize it.

kanderous.7512

Randomizing would be bad because they already face a coverage issue, which is the whole point of alliances.

Basically, if you randomize a large link against two smaller ones you just created a week where no one has anything to do and also created an uncontrollable issue because they can't relink to fix this imbalance as the tiers are random now.  

You'd also mess up server transfers as part of the reason people do them is to somewhat rig what kind of playstyle they or their guild wants.  If I transfer over to Mag or BG on NA then I know I'm in for a perma t1 experience (blobs), if I transfer to say Dragonbrand on NA will be a perma t4 experience (depending on link).  

• Confused 1

So instead of just subjecting one tier and two servers to Mag we should just let everyone who didn't ppt their way to T1 to also randomly be flung against Mag or BG.

That already use to happening in the beginning of the game with the glicko system when servers use to get flung into tiers they didn't belong to, and servers would take entire weeks off.

How about No thanks. How about don't ppt your way to T1 if you don't want to play against Mag, and if you're on Mag, don't ppt players to their spawn. 🤷‍♂️