[Question] - Mesmer Leveling Build?

Deewee.4580

I recently started messing around with GW2 again… after being away since the first few months the game was out. Since then, of course, they reworked stuff and locked in a bunch of things on my character’s builds that I find… well, sub-optimal. My Mesmer was the worst off, but still has some hero points saved up so he’s not hopeless.

I’m looking for a solid SOLO leveling PvE build You don’t need to get ultra-detailed… I’d be happy with:Utility 1: XUtility 2: YUtility 3: ZUtility 4: UWeapon Set 1: AWeapon Set 2: BValuable traits i should focus on

Any more info is appreciated, but the above would at least give me a running start…Thanks in advance for any info!

Skills

Manipulations:Blink, Mimic

(Optional) Mantras:Recovery, Pain, Distraction, Concentration

Signets:EtherOptional:Illusion, Midnight, Humility

Glamours:FeedbackOptional:Portal, Time Warp

Illusions:Decoy

Traits

Ideally learned in order (1 = top, 2 = middle, 3 = bottom)

Illusions:121 or 112 (Shatter ver)

Dueling:131 or 213 (Shatter ver)

Inspiration:111 (Can be moved around)

Weapons

Sword/Focus + Greatsword

If you want more damage, swap out of Inspiration and take Dom xxx (223, but other variants work, just don't take Imagined Burden).

What would you like to improve though? What do u feel is suboptimal? I had the most enjoyable levelling experience with my mesmer because with staff and sword/focus, mirror images/feedback, decoy and blink, and i could go to maps 10 levels higher than I am and solo through it no problem including champs, alone, and it was such a fun challenge and really helped me take time and learn the class. That's what I really enjoyed about it. To me, mesmer excels in the most difficult situations but anything easy and in groups and you might find yourself feeling like you're lacking damage or tagging compared to others. If you feel you are having a hard time surviving then I suggest what I did. Otherwise, you might be wanting more damage?

Archived