No Target + Right Click + Movement = Shooting Into The Floor

Every Single skill that has any ranged compacity, any gun, or ability that shoots out, such as " [Launch Personal Battering Ram] " and " [Flame Jet] " just goes into the ground for me.

Should I want to move mid combat with right click, and spray my flamethrower around, or shoot into an area where I know a stealth enemy is, I can just forget about it apparently.

Is there seriously no fix to this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/20/2023 at 7:34 AM, Not Trying.4901 said:

Every Single skill that has any ranged compacity, any gun, or ability that shoots out, such as " [Launch Personal Battering Ram] " and " [Flame Jet] " just goes into the ground for me.

Should I want to move mid combat with right click, and spray my flamethrower around, or shoot into an area where I know a stealth enemy is, I can just forget about it apparently.

Is there seriously no fix to this?

Do you use Tab target (yes I know you can't use tab target on stealthed targets until you reveal them) to aim at your target? Flame Jet use a cone where the point is from your Flame Gun and have a range up to 425. Personal Battering Ram have a range of 130, so it rather short (you need to be up close to target).

There are key bind in Option>Controls that you can set up for either toggle between Action Camera to Tab target or the other way around. Tab target also work when you have set up Action Camera, the main difference is that your central point of action is moved from ground which you rotate around to center of character (adjust how high this center should be as it might make harder to see enemies that are far away or aim at them, but don't set it too high as you need to aim some skills like AoE to be in reach of hostile targets and the same time be able to use teleportation skills or move in the same direction or the any other direction then you use combat skills, but not on target that you aim for AoE with.)

Here is how to set up Action Camera:

If you are using the default non-Action Camera setting it is still useful to know where you can find this toggle to change for Action Camera mode just for some short duration and then back to default mode or to use it for longer duration.

Here is settings in Option that are relevant for Camera:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Camera

Makse sure to adjust sliders to work with how you want to aim and get an overview of what you can see on screen. Don't for Field of View have both and impact on performance as you will be able to see more, but at same time will also have more to process for CPU. It also matters for larger fights like meta as you now can see more players and NPCs, but with low FoV you will have less time to react when something happens further away then camera will show.

Using Flame Thrower to reaveal hidden/stelthed enemies isn't that useful as it have a rather short range as I described above. Use instead any Engineer kits that have AoE and don't need a target to work. The trade off here is that you might have to work much more to aim with your camera where you suspect there is possible target to reveal it and avoid getting your movement skills (that includes those weapons skills that move you or teleport you a certain range) firing off in the wrong direction.

What ever you decide work best for you, you will have to train and get used to how this set up work as it isn't something that might feel natural in the start as have probably been used to use your character and its set up in another way and it is frustrating to adopt while also to keep to memorize which key does what and how to use them effiecently while doing damage or avoid getting killed.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 5:00 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

You have to angle your camera to also be more horizontal. You could try out action cam especially if you're using something like flamethrower. Otherwise you need a target locked and your character model needs to be facing the enemy (more or less) for most skills i.e. the enemy isn't directly behind you.

There's still a ton of issues with A-cam, as a vet player using almost purely a-cam. It's the same thing, you slice and shoot into the floor. You have to angle the camera down so much for close targets and even then leap skills sometimes completely ignore enemies and go right by. It's a bunch of jank, but absolutely my preferred way to play. Tons of issues with it.

• Sad 1