What was the reason given for sword 2 change?

EnderzShadow.2506

On 10/25/2023 at 5:49 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Give pounce evade frames too.

Probably get called OP then because S/D would have 3 evades. Even though Mesmer can do similar with S/S and distortion, or D/D Thief spamming death blossom.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:47 PM, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Shenanigans, exactly 😆

I had a lot of fun using it. 

On 10/25/2023 at 5:49 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Give pounce evade frames too.

Probably get called OP then because S/D would have 3 evades. Even though Mesmer can do similar with S/S and distortion, or D/D Thief spamming death blossom.

I remember a time I used dagger and sword. It had very little offensive capabilities. It was an 'o kitten GTFO' weapon set. 

If I switched to sw/d to get free from a bad situation it wasn't very reliable.

It would look like this, if I was in deel snit, Dagger 4 for evade, sword three for an evade and create a little more room to use sword 2 for the double leaps. And even with all that, I was Fkt if their timing was decent because sw2 wasnt guaranteed with an immune frame. 

My point being, I don't understand at all how that would be overpowered. Sw 1 has always been low dmg. And dagger 5 was near useless.

Oh well, it's a different game now. I'll adapt. 

On 10/25/2023 at 7:26 AM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

To the person confused.

It can hit for 10k crits in pvp modes, I get average 4k-5k hits with sword 2 when buffed by sword 3. Sword does a lot of damage now and even slight buffs to its damage will result in nerfs 100% pretty quick. 

Sword was never meta in pve or pvp but since change was the meta ranger power slb builds weapon, it ran sword/warhorn and greatsword. Would hardly call a weapon that's part of a pvp meta build dead, as far as in pve who cares as pve is so easy any decent player can make literally every weapon work well enough to complete any task other than topping damage meters.

Lastly a lot of u are complaining that sword version before this one was more fun and just needed higher damage, I agreed. So what's ther to be confused about? U think it doesn't do enough damage or it wasn't a meta?

I am once again unfamiliar with a game I played for many years. Sword never had good damage. And I was completely ignorant to the change in dmg.

In the middle of downloading it again, I was messing around on my old ranger and noticed the new changes. It felt very odd and I was confused as to why there were such big changes to sword. It's completely changed compared to the tool it once was. 

I look forward to using it again.