Collection of active RP guilds on NA and EU

Patientnr.4823

I've recently begun collecting active RP guilds in hopes to make the community easier accessible.

The result can be found at https://gw2rp.carrd.co/

I'd love to add more guilds, for which there are a few requirements:

• Be active - this means you actively RP in game
  • Be open to having new members
  • Be accepting of the fact I'll reach out to you at least every other month to check in with you

Please reach out to me if you believe your guild meets these requirements, or if you know of a guild that does, but is not listed yet.

All guilds listed have agreed on being added to the list; having guilds advertised somewhere I can reach them, does not mean they are automatically added.

To reach out to me, find zerwid on Discord, or Selirnon in-game!

• Thanks 4

• 2 months later...

I'm glad! It's good to see the RP community sticking together after enjin going away!
I've been off and on with Guild Wars since I started playing 😅 but one of the things I love is seeing the people come together like this.

• Like 1

It's been a bit spicy without Enjin indeed! Luckily, a lot of it can be found on the web.archive; sadly though, the archive is slow-slow! It doesn't help there doesn't seem to be a place people feel much at home as they do in their own little guilds. But, to actually find those guilds... Got a feeling there's still a good amount of guilds out who could be added, but they've simply managed dodge my attempts.

Welcome back-ish, in that case? Here's hoping you'll find a pleasant guild to fit right in! If you've not been lucky (or simply don't feel it's right for you yet) - come check out WARP if you've not already!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the welcome back! Yeah those web archive places tend to be very, very slow unfortunately. I'm sure you'll wrangle them all up in time!

I actually installed WARP in 2022, it's so handy! Though (like you with your list) I feel like there are more people would/should use it than do 😂.
I'm looking at joining a couple guilds awesomely enough! One of them came from your list 😄.

• Like 1

Checked now to see how sloooooooow the archive is, and got to say I can navigate a LOT quicker than I could at first. Less than half a minute to get to the thread you might be looking for, which is neat. Might be subject to the time of day though.

About the guilds you're looking into - the ones you didn't find on the list, if they're not hubs, I'd love to get in touch and expand my collection :'> (hint-hint!)

I misremembered 😅 I came today to actually let you know but the two I was looking at are both on your list. I'll keep my eye out though! I'll any your way that I meet 😉

Edited by Ozreus.6209
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

It's been some months since I posted on this thread, but I feel it's important to communicate the project is on-going still! 

Since my last post, I've had several more guilds join, changed a description here and there, and have been working hard to maintain the list to ensure the guilds listed are still active and their descriptions matching. I feel I'm very lucky with quick and clear responses from the people in the community who help me make this list possible.

If you have a guild that's not added yet, please reach out to me! I'd love to expand the list and help you be found easier by other RPers. The requirements as listed in the message all the way up, do not change. So if your guild applies to these rules, no matter how creatively, I'm happy to have you.

I feel I should mention here that guilds that advertise themselves in public spaces, get moved up to a higher position depending on time since last advertisement - I'm of the opinion that active guilds should be rewarded for their position in the community. Guilds that are content not advertising, may therefore be moved to a lower position. I don't want The List to replace the connection guilds have with potential members. This concerns advertisement here or on discord (I did my best to join as many discords as possible for this purpose!)

Additionally - if you have a guild that's not added yet, and don't want to be added, don't worry in the slightest! I always make sure to reach out and be certain that the management of the guilds in The List, actually want their guilds to be listed. Sometimes guilds with a focus on RP don't want to be listed, or simply not at the time, and that's all perfectly fine by me too - I rather remove guilds from time to time than have people feel they now have an obligation. 

Don't hesitate to reach out to me! I will do my best to get back to you asap ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2