Game keeps hard crashing entire pc after latest update

Happens during alt tabbing, most notably when a video of any site is playing in the background. The system doesn't record anything other than the usual the system shut down unexpectedly error. Only gw2 does this, no other games, and only since the latest patch. GPU driver is a stable older one from early this year, since that was working the best, and the newer versions fix nothing relatable to my card or the game.

Entire pc locks up, sound freezing and replaying constantly that quarter a second as the screen freezes, only restart helps.

Edited by Zappax.4685
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If you're running ArcDPS and haven't updated it in a while, try updating, disabling or removing it to see if that sorts it. There was a recent patch that broke it pretty hard a few weeks ago, and the game wouldn't run at all (at least for me) if it was loaded. Arc seems to have gotten fixed now so it doesn't do that anymore, but it did take them a while to catch up.

• Sad 1

Just now, Teknomancer.4895 said:

If you're running ArcDPS and haven't updated it in a while, try updating, disabling or removing it to see if that sorts it. There was a recent patch that broke it pretty hard a few weeks ago, and the game wouldn't run at all (at least for me) if it was loaded. Arc seems to have gotten fixed now so it doesn't do that anymore, but it did take them a while to catch up.

i did have it but i downloaded it 3 days ago or so, i uninstalled just in case but the crash still happened

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No, -image just ensures that you have the entire game image locally, it's intended to dump as much of the game on your HDD as possible in order to reduce streaming for downloads. The file checker examines what you have installed already, which may or may not be the full image.

It may not help, but it won't hurt.

• Like 1