One extreme to the next

Flowki.7194

Current sPVP experiance:

5 button power builds: "Americaaa!! fk yeah!!... smashing five four three, two save the f1ing day yeah..... AMERRRRICAAA!! FK YEAH.... spamming 0s & block's is the way we fking play yeah"

5 button condi builds:  "AND IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIII WILL NEVERRRRR... DODGE YOUUUUU OOW OOOOOoo IIIIIIII WILL NEVERRR..... DODGE.. AAAYOUUUUUUUUUUU OOWOWOWOOOOO"

Anything inbetween: "What is skill?.. ANET don't hurt me... don't hurt me... no more".

• Haha 6
  • Confused 4

Has there ever been an in-between? 

Since all classes and specs can pretty much do anything, all you are left with is extremes in balancing.  

For instance, ranger over past year--had power / teleburst untamed, nerf that to get bland lb /gs power untamed, buff sword and got burst slb for a bit, destroy that, and now onto bunker untameds.  

There will pretty much never be a middle ground unless they utterly overhaul boons and condis and make positioning / mechanics more important again (chiefly combo fields).  Not self-combo fields either--but each class would have to get one and so you'd need all of them to function together.  

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Has there ever been an in-between? 

Since all classes and specs can pretty much do anything, all you are left with is extremes in balancing.  

For instance, ranger over past year--had power / teleburst untamed, nerf that to get bland lb /gs power untamed, buff sword and got burst slb for a bit, destroy that, and now onto bunker untameds.  

There will pretty much never be a middle ground unless they utterly overhaul boons and condis and make positioning / mechanics more important again (chiefly combo fields).  Not self-combo fields either--but each class would have to get one and so you'd need all of them to function together.  

Pretty sure engi could muster up some more high skill floor specs on par with hollow, and then nerf the kitten out of scrapper.. should never be a thing.

Ranger already had a hard spec, power untamed. How far it has fell.

I could go on but can't be bothered, the game is on its last circle around the toilet bowl. How many meta specs are 5 button heros.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, Flowki.7194 said:

Current sPVP experiance:

5 button power builds: "Americaaa!! fk yeah!!... smashing five four three, two save the f1ing day yeah..... AMERRRRICAAA!! FK YEAH.... spamming 0s & block's is the way we fking play yeah"

5 button condi builds:  "AND IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEIIIIIIII WILL NEVERRRRR... DODGE YOUUUUU OOW OOOOOoo IIIIIIII WILL NEVERRR..... DODGE.. AAAYOUUUUUUUUUUU OOWOWOWOOOOO"

Anything inbetween: "What is skill?.. ANET don't hurt me... don't hurt me... no more".

this here is the best post this forum ever had