Three types of Berserkers

Guy.9207

Not sure who originally brought up this idea, but I decided to expand the ideas further and wrote it in my Tumblr post here.

For those with trust issues when it comes to link, I'll say it here, too:

Bloody Roar - This is originally said to be the "beginner" tier Berserker (though I would say you could also lump a more savage kind of Warriors into this as well), where the user succumbs to the rage from within and embraces their destructive potential, lashing out at everyone and everything they see for maximum damage. This is pretty easy to imagine considering it's likely the most straightforward of three traits and also pretty much the meta trait (at least in PvE side of things).

King of Fires - This is the "intermediate" tier of Berserker (and I guess Fire Elementalists that like to punch things) where the user, instead of using raw emotions as a power-boost, transforms their burning anger into flames that well, burns enemies around them. This implies the user not only has some level of restraints, but also the ability to manipulate their magical flows even at the state of aggression. Also a useful trait for condition-based Berserker builds.

Eternal Champion - This is the "expert" tier of Berserker, where the user seems to be fully retain their self-control to an extent they can exit Berserk mode early, and merely uses their emotions as if they are one of the arsenals available to them. You could even say that when they enter Berserk mode, they aren't actually *angry* but rather at the state of concentration where adrenaline flows through their veins, enough for them to gain endurance and stability (and among other things) that could turn the fight into their favor. Goes without saying that this is likely for veterans or a more experienced character with a lot of emphasis on restraints and disciplines. Ironically though, this is actually the least popular trait due to it leaning towards defenses and not putting out damage, but it has uses in PvP and WvW side of things.

9 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

Not sure who originally brought up this idea, but I decided to expand the ideas further and wrote it in my Tumblr post here.

For those with trust issues when it comes to link, I'll say it here, too:

Bloody Roar - This is originally said to be the "beginner" tier Berserker (though I would say you could also lump a more savage kind of Warriors into this as well), where the user succumbs to the rage from within and embraces their destructive potential, lashing out at everyone and everything they see for maximum damage. This is pretty easy to imagine considering it's likely the most straightforward of three traits and also pretty much the meta trait (at least in PvE side of things).

King of Fires - This is the "intermediate" tier of Berserker (and I guess Fire Elementalists that like to punch things) where the user, instead of using raw emotions as a power-boost, transforms their burning anger into flames that well, burns enemies around them. This implies the user not only has some level of restraints, but also the ability to manipulate their magical flows even at the state of aggression. Also a useful trait for condition-based Berserker builds.

Eternal Champion - This is the "expert" tier of Berserker, where the user seems to be fully retain their self-control to an extent they can exit Berserk mode early, and merely uses their emotions as if they are one of the arsenals available to them. You could even say that when they enter Berserk mode, they aren't actually *angry* but rather at the state of concentration where adrenaline flows through their veins, enough for them to gain endurance and stability (and among other things) that could turn the fight into their favor. Goes without saying that this is likely for veterans or a more experienced character with a lot of emphasis on restraints and disciplines. Ironically though, this is actually the least popular trait due to it leaning towards defenses and not putting out damage, but it has uses in PvP and WvW side of things.

I like it~