Lion's Arch Exterminator - riffle equip as special action key

Lucy.3728

20 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Hello,

I recently started this quest and realized that you need a special weapon for it, which you have to pick up from a NPC again and again.

I suggest equipping the weapon via the special action key. As long as the quest is active.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion's_Arch_Exterminator

I think that's actually intended as part of the complication in completing the achievement. Especially for the puzzle portion of it. You need to get there and through without using your weapon actions.

Having done it at least twice, you can do the whole thing in 1 sitting with a guide and just get it all done without ever putting the rifle down.

2 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

you can do the whole thing in 1 sitting with a guide

I know, but there are many bugs and following the wiki takes a lot of time and my motivation sinks with time. It's not fun for me. At some point I'd rather do something else, something fun and continue later.

But now, every time I go to Lion's Arch and remember that quest, I cba to go to the npc to pick up the weapon. If it was via a special action key I probably would finish it over time.

But that's just me.

The suggestion was more general. Not just for me. I think it'd be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lucy.3728 said:

I know, but there are many bugs and following the wiki takes a lot of time and my motivation sinks with time. It's not fun for me. At some point I'd rather do something else, something fun and continue later.

But now, every time I go to Lion's Arch and remember that quest, I cba to go to the npc to pick up the weapon. If it was via a special action key I probably would finish it over time.

But that's just me.

The suggestion was more general. Not just for me. I think it'd be helpful.

Fair enough. I found some youtube guides which helped a lot more than the wiki does for this one. My second time through, I think it only took me about 20-30 minutes.

I get your point honestly. I just think that limitation is very intentional. This isn't a collection that needs to get done overall.