Heal Scrapper Boons

Jopettaja.7451

I tried to figure out what is the easiest ways to give boons with heal scrapper after the patch and here is what i came up with.

keep in mind all of these are with 100% boon duration and 100% alacrity up time

25 might: All you need to do is to use Blast Gyro on cool down and that is literally all, after the reduced cd blast gyro can keep up might on its own. It does take a few uses to ramp it up all the way to 25 might, but ones it is there you can keep it up forever with only blast gyro. I would still recommend using some blast finishers like shield 4 and med kit 5 to ramp it up faster and make sure everyone have might if people haven't been stacking the whole time, but in theory all you need is blast gyro

100% quickness: All you need to do is to use Blast Gyro (it is both combo field and blast finisher) and Energizing Slam (mace 2) on any combo field on cool down. You don't need any other combo finishers to keep up quickness, but you do need combo fields for the mace 2 (every other time you can use it in blast gyro, so you need just 1 combo field in between). That being said most likely you will use other finishers such as shield 4 and med kit 5 in combo fields anyway so it will keep up very easily

100% Protection: Use Bandage Self (toolbelt heal skill f1) and Magnetic Shield (shield 4) on cool down. Bandage self is quite close keeping up the protection on its own but it will drop for a few seconds, shield 4 will  make sure it will be 100% uptime and if you use it inside blast gyro you will get even more might and quickness or if you use it in water field you get more heals. If you want to stack up Protection higher at start or any other time you can use Function Gyro and Shield 5 to give some extra, but you do not need them for full uptime

100% Regeneration and vigor: Use Energizing Slam (mace 2) on cool down (which you already do for quickness) and in addition use Infusion Bomb (med kit 5) every now and then. In theory you could keep regen and vigor up with just mace 2 but it is so tight you have to use it literally when it comes off cd and still it might drop during the cast time, so throwing Infusion bomb in the mix every now and then will fill up the gaps, in addition Infusion Bomb is a blast finisher so it will give more quickness when used in combo field. There are other ways to give regen too, but these two  skills give both regen and vigor so it is two boons with same effort

100% Swiftness: Infusion Bomb (med kit 5) will give 12 seconds of swiftness with 20 seconds of cool down (15 seconds with alac), so it is quite good up time but not 100%, if you really need 100% uptime you can use Function gyro to give the rest, but in addition to swiftness you can give plenty of super speed too

Stability: Defense Field (bulwark gyro tool belt skill) gives 3 stacks of stability for 12 seconds with 25 seconds of cool down (around 19 sec with alac), you can also take Mass Momentum trait so your Function gyro gives more also stability (you lose super speed on gyros and they will also have smaller radius), or even Elixir B and use the toolbelt skill for even more stability if you really need to

Fury: You can take Experimental turrets trait and use Rifle Turret to give exactly 100% fury uptime, but I don't really recommend it unless you really have to and no one else can provide fury. You lose utility skill slot and a healing trait, I also think there is a lot of self or even shared fury for lot of dps speccs, but I do think fury is a weak point for scrapper heal, atleast I didn't find a good way to provide it for the team

edit: You can use Relic of the Midnight King to upkeep fury with Blast Gyro and Shield 4 (Grant might and fury to nearby allies when you disable an enemy.)

Resolution, Resistance and Aegis: You don't really have access to these boons

There are more and other ways to give these boons but I think these are the easiest ways with least buttons and effort to do so

In short use Blast Gyro, mace 2, Bandage self on cool down and use Infusion Bomb and shield 4 inside Blast Gyro as often as you can and that is already most of the boons. It is easier to keep up boons with heal scrapper now after the patch and you don't need ton of skills and do a lot of tricks with combos just to keep might and quickness up. You can keep up the boons even if your alacrity is lacking, but then you might have to use more of the optional skills such as Function Gyro and shield 5 and do more combos in combo fields. The biggest down sides are lack of any aegis and clunky access to fury

edit: this is in PVE

Edited by Jopettaja.7451

1 hour ago, Jopettaja.7451 said:

Fury: You can take Experimental turrets trait and use Rifle Turret to give exactly 100% fury uptime, but I don't really recommend it unless you really have to and no one else can provide fury. You lose utility skill slot and a healing trait, I also think there is a lot of self or even shared fury for lot of dps speccs, but I do think fury is a weak point for scrapper heal, atleast I didn't find a good way to provide it for the team

Relic of the Midnight King gives Might(3) for 9sec and Fury for 5sec in a 300 Radius every time you disable an enemy.

With 100% boon duration that's 18 seconds of Migh and 10 seconds of Fury in a CD of only 1 second per application.

Fury solved, I even like this Relic on my Holo build.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

Relic of the Midnight King gives Might(3) for 9sec and Fury for 5sec in a 300 Radius every time you disable an enemy.

With 100% boon duration that's 18 seconds of Migh and 10 seconds of Fury in a CD of only 1 second per application.

Fury solved, I even like this Relic on my Holo build.

Hey, that is a great idea and actually solves the fury problem! You do lose relic of the monk, or any other that gives you more heals, but I don't think it ends up being such a big deal since your heals are pretty good anyway. Ive totally missed this relic, Ive not payed enough attention to all the new ones. With this relic fury is quite easy to keep up and you don't even have to really think about it as you use Blast Gyro and Shield 4 anyway for other boons, now they will apply Fury on the side.

2 minutes ago, Jopettaja.7451 said:

Hey, that is a great idea and actually solves the fury problem! You do lose relic of the monk, or any other that gives you more heals, but I don't think it ends up being such a big deal since your heals are pretty good anyway. Ive totally missed this relic, Ive not payed enough attention to all the new ones. With this relic fury is quite easy to keep up and you don't even have to really think about it as you use Blast Gyro and Shield 4 anyway for other boons, now they will apply Fury on the side.

It's both good for support builds that struggle with Fury and for solo DPS builds that benefit massively from those boons. The Relic alone can upkeep 100% Fury uptime with high boon duration. Plus Might is a nice bonus, especially on this kind of duration.