Power or condi holosmith?

DepressedMuffin.2634

Well normally if i craft the pieces i wont be debating and go straight power cause its cheaper.  However, i actually bought these from the raiding npc and i can pick viper stats.

I also played mechanist heavily so I am thinking going for full viper build will be benefiting both of the elite classes. But most of the build on hardstuck and snowcrows favors power holosmith more so i figure i would ask your guys opinion

Go hybrid with grieving and Flame Legion rune.  With firearm trait line you reach max crit with just 45%. For the most part, Grieving will also work with mech as well as Viper.

sites like hardstuck and snowcrows have some of the most boring builds, IMO, they all use the same zerker or viper gear set.

Power is probably recommended, because it is usable on most encounters. In raids, at least. Apart from that, Power Holo is pretty simple to use. Condi Holo is one of the hardest builds in the game at the moment. Luckily enough Condi Mech is pretty beginner friendly as well, so you have that as a backup. If you want to keep mech as an option, do not pick Grieving gear, because it doesn't work with it.

1 hour ago, Calen.8945 said:

Go hybrid with grieving and Flame Legion rune.  With firearm trait line you reach max crit with just 45%. For the most part, Grieving will also work with mech as well as Viper.

sites like hardstuck and snowcrows have some of the most boring builds, IMO, they all use the same zerker or viper gear set.

That’s because going full into power or condi results in better damage than hybrid.  As much as I love the idea, the way Engi traits conflict means we just can’t empower everything as much if we try to go 50/50.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wasss.1208 said:

Power is probably recommended, because it is usable on most encounters. In raids, at least. Apart from that, Power Holo is pretty simple to use. Condi Holo is one of the hardest builds in the game at the moment. Luckily enough Condi Mech is pretty beginner friendly as well, so you have that as a backup. If you want to keep mech as an option, do not pick Grieving gear, because it doesn't work with it.

Agree that power is more universally viable, but condi holo isn’t bad, just lots of pressing utility skill-2 over and over.  And yeah, cMech is simple and good.  If I had a set of ascended and was interested in condi I’d spec that viper and buy a cheap zerker exotic set on the side.  Unless fractals were a focus.