In regards to the recent shortbow fiesta.

Nanoir.2315

20 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

From what I've gathered, Shortbow is a set-up weapon and most people aren't used to it.

What one can do is. Throw Shortbow #5 down, Toolkit Magnet pull into it, detonate SB#5, fire other SB skills into the field and if playing Holo, you spank them with Holoforge skills, if playing Mech, you unload on them with your Mech skills and chain stun them to death with additional turret skills, or if playing Scrapper, they are either already dead from your Gyros or they will be in a moment.

I feel it may be a L2P issue for all of us.

100% countered by stability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2023 at 9:43 PM, Nanoir.2315 said:

What I won't understand is how it ever got thru the quality phase. Who in their right mind would approve letting this slip by?

it didn't. engineer is an afterthought at anet, i bet nobody bothered to test it because nobody cares.

"oh hey john, i need you to approve the release of the new engineer shortbow" - "sure, here" - "you don't wanna test it or look at the result" - "nah, if you literally just took a kitten in the office corner that's good enough for those weirdos."

On 12/10/2023 at 8:28 PM, Dirame.8521 said:

From what I've gathered, Shortbow is a set-up weapon and most people aren't used to it.

What one can do is. Throw Shortbow #5 down, Toolkit Magnet pull into it, detonate SB#5, fire other SB skills into the field and if playing Holo, you spank them with Holoforge skills, if playing Mech, you unload on them with your Mech skills and chain stun them to death with additional turret skills, or if playing Scrapper, they are either already dead from your Gyros or they will be in a moment.

so listen here. 1/4 of the way through your dreamland-christmas-combo the target is either already dead or has kittened off. i don't know if this is supposed to be from a pve or pvp perspective but in pve, none of that matters because another class can do twice as much with a single button press and in pvp i don't know how you think having our one and only weapon rely 100% on a pull skill on a kit that can be nullified with dodge or stab is anything but a travesty. there is so much wrong about the bow, even a 20sec cd pull will not save it, even if you land all shots and get all ticks the effect is still bad. i already wrote a whole essay about it, i'm not gonna do it again. if you think anything about this bow is even close to "fine" i strongly recommend seeing a doctor because you probably have brain damage.

it's not a skill issue, it's a time+range+effect-for-effort-issue.

Edited by zaced.7948
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2023 at 8:28 PM, Dirame.8521 said:

Of course its a set-up weapon, that much was clear from it's very introduction and mechanic. It was just marketed as a support set-up weapon.

Magnet + anything is a deadly combo really. Look at this post for an example of a nasty combo available on core engineer (honestly the moa is possibly a bit overkill, but against slippery classes like thief its wonderful).  Variations of these combos have the advantage of not requiring 5ish seconds of setup while you camp on top of quite visible "traps". That still doesn't exactly make core engineer a top roaming pick.

And if against all odds the costco dragonhunter build proves successful in the very niche it wasn't intended for (remember its support at the cost of offensive output supposedly) I have no doubt they give it the catalyst treatment and make them pulse like 10 damage or something.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zaced.7948 said:

it didn't. engineer is an afterthought at anet, i bet nobody bothered to test it because nobody cares.

"oh hey john, i need you to approve the release of the new engineer shortbow" - "sure, here" - "you don't wanna test it or look at the result" - "nah, if you literally just took a kitten in the office corner that's good enough for those weirdos."

Took me a moment to realise you didn't actually mean a juvenile feline. Might almost be better if it was...

• Haha 1