Glider Abilities in SotO

Zigg E.1086

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

They could. But that way it would be inconsistent to all maps where you can throw items while gliding.
And if they choose to enable bloodstone skills on other maps in the future, they had to change it again for all of theye maps.

Its already inconsistent, I think it would be less jarring. The way they did in SoTo is the worst they could have done for me.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Its already inconsistent, I think it would be less jarring.

The way they did it, it's inconsistent to 3 maps.
With your suggestion it would be inconsistent to all HoT maps, Blazeridge Steps, Ember Bay and more.

Also it's easier to just switch places than implementing skill flipping for each throwable item.
And we know how "good" such flipping works. I mean look at the EMP special action skill.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2023 at 8:20 AM, kiroho.4738 said:

They could. But that way it would be inconsistent to all maps where you can throw items while gliding.
And if they choose to enable bloodstone skills on other maps in the future, they had to change it again for all of theye maps.

You know how you fixed that instead of moving the Glider abilities and not needing to use action key use the unused 7-0 to throw the item for the event that is in only one area vs changing somethign already astablished. How can someone think Oo we need a space for our even action. But where we put it? I know move the glider to the used area then put the new command where the glider abilites where. Not new abilit in un used area.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Zigg E.1086 said:

You know how you fixed that instead of moving the Glider abilities and not needing to use action key use the unused 7-0 to throw the item for the event that is in only one area vs changing somethign already astablished. How can someone think Oo we need a space for our even action. But where we put it? I know move the glider to the used area then put the new command where the glider abilites where. Not new abilit in un used area.

The problem is very simple:
There are items from events that can be thrown with skill 1. Bloodstone Fen skills uses skill 1 (and 2-5).
Two skills that use skill 1.

How to solve this problem? Also very easy:
a) Replace the glider skill(s).
b) Replace all throw skills.

What's the pros and cons?

a)
Pro: Glider skills stay the same as on 2 previous maps.
Con: Throw skills are not at the same spot as on dozens of previous maps.

b)
Pro: Throw skills stay the same as etablished over 11 years.
Con: Glider skills -that require an older expansion + LS episode - on 3 Soto Expansion maps are not at the same spot as on 2 previous maps. One of them barely populated anymore.

• Like 1