Should they rework mechanist due to excessive issues.

Stalima.5490

Should they rework mechanist due to excessive issues.  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should they rework mechanist to be more like minion necromancer?

• Yes
    • No

Anet should remove autocast from Mech F skills. That one thing makes people whine about class playing itself and I  sorta agree. But I never set Fs on autocast and with 1 or 2 kits, not full signet build Mech is OK on amount of input intensity. OFC its not most difficult to play (blame eles for that) but at least power rifle dmg could be tuned up a little. I dont want to speak about MG but person who designed it, has no idea how Mech is played.

Right now Hammer power is playable nothing too special. I would like Hammer 2 skill to have more wide AOE zone. Hammer 4 shield and damage is just a joke (I would opt for more shield not more dmg).

Overall I think Mechanist is awesome class designed by person who could go a bit outside the box of usual GW2 thinking. That made class so popular. Its even awesome now after all those Anet nerfhammer strikes, tho I already see less and less people playing it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, Gendalfs.7521 said:

Anet should remove autocast from Mech F skills. That one thing makes people whine about class playing itself and I  sorta agree.

What?

When have people been whining about this and why is it such a bad thing for?

As far as reworking the class I feel like two changes would be good. 

1. Give the mech stances instead of the avoid combat or attack.

Sentry stance, the mech never moves away further than 360 radius from you but still attacks when you do or you get attacked. 

Attack stance, same as what it usually does when you don't put mech on defence.

On a side note no idea why you'd want a avoid stance? If you don't need the mech just recall it?

2. Improve the pathing ai or whatever it is.

Haven't done that much pve compared to wvw but last night I had my experience of the mech parkouring over terrain, getting married, raising mech children before seeing them off to university then shortly after getting caught in legal battle due to tax evasion instead of simply walking forward to hit the boss.

In wvw I've had it just standing idle all of a sudden mid fight with the enemy just standing a 600 range away. Thought it was immob at first but there was no such conditions on the mech. Had to recall and summon it back to make it work again.

I just don't understand how in hot and pof we have ai that can chase us down without an issue but when it comes to mech ot sometimes struggles on the most simplest of things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I just want a trait, that turns the mech into a glorified Ventari tablet. It no longer has hp, hitbox, auto attack, or anything. It becomes a simple effect, when the trait is picked. It relocates with F1, does its F-2-3-4 skill, when pressed, and cc once with F5. This way I wouldn't be inconvinienced by the clunky AI, if I would ever try to play support mech. And I could actually try to play this spec in WvW zergs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

I just want a trait, that turns the mech into a glorified Ventari tablet. It no longer has hp, hitbox, auto attack, or anything. It becomes a simple effect, when the trait is picked. It relocates with F1, does its F-2-3-4 skill, when pressed, and cc once with F5. This way I wouldn't be inconvinienced by the clunky AI, if I would ever try to play support mech. And I could actually try to play this spec in WvW zergs.

Slightly hated opinion but this is how I wish scrapper was.

Just wanted to add on it's mainly the toolbelt skills that feel so lacksture when using any of the gyros. 

I get you have fields to blast but that's literally all it is.

Edited by Nanoir.2315

18 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

And I could actually try to play this spec in WvW zergs.

For wvw it's such a pain but slightly doable. Managing mech is the hardest bit and not having its skills Interrupted by random ccs.

I've lost count on how many times I'd have to shift signet it back because it would stand and not be responsive at all.