My thoughts on Willbender

Barnahizi.2593

36 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Please, if you really were doing fine, you wouldn't be here crying for a nerf.

I haven't suggest any nerfs, I just said it was unfair. 

If you want a proposed nerf then maybe Renewed Focus should not prevent CC like the Untamed heal skill Perilous Gift.

Maybe take off 30 seconds off the cooldown as compensation. I think that would be fair and not make the Guardian unkillable. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I haven't suggest any nerfs, I just said it was unfair. 

If you want a proposed nerf then maybe Renewed Focus should not prevent CC like the Untamed heal skill Perilous Gift. 

Yes, lets make a 90 second Elite as valuable as a Heal skill, oh wait.
It recharges Virtues, thats good, the Heal skill doesn't have that.
But it doesn't have "heal 33% missing HP", it doesn't have Superspeed, it doesn't have Stability, it doesn't have a 30 second CD, mm thats bad.

You are comparing a Heal Skill to an Elite and claiming that the Elite shud only be allowed to be as powerful as the Heal skill, at 3x the CD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Yes, lets make a 90 second Elite as valuable as a Heal skill, oh wait.
It recharges Virtues, thats good, the Heal skill doesn't have that.
But it doesn't have "heal 33% missing HP", it doesn't have Superspeed, it doesn't have Stability, it doesn't have a 30 second CD, mm thats bad.

You are comparing a Heal Skill to an Elite and claiming that the Elite shud only be allowed to be as powerful as the Heal skill, at 3x the CD.

Well just make a 60 second cooldown ultimate. It still prevents all incoming damage so it is fair. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Mell.4873 said:

Well just make a 60 second cooldown ultimate. It still prevents all incoming damage so it fair. 

No.
Its not even close to fair, in fact Untamed Heal skill is bonkers.
Lets turn this argument on your side then.

Since CD is a ratio of 3, that means Untamed Heal can be cast 3 times.
In the same time period Guardian casts 1 Elite Invul, and gets 3 seconds of Invul...
Untamed gets
9 seconds of dmg immune
9 seconds of superspeed, which cant be stripped.

We dont even have to get started on the heal and Stability, but it sure as hell looks like Untamed gets to Invul AND be superfast longer than the supposedly "super fast and immortal spec".
You will then argue that the recharged Virtues help Guardian survive, and I will then point out as others have, that Guardians CANNOT cast anything else while they channel that Elite Invul, the same restriction does not apply to Untamed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

No.
Its not even close to fair, in fact Untamed Heal skill is bonkers.
Lets turn this argument on your side then.

Since CD is a ratio of 3, that means Untamed Heal can be cast 3 times.
In the same time period Guardian casts 1 Elite Invul, and gets 3 seconds of Invul...
Untamed gets
9 seconds of dmg immune
9 seconds of superspeed, which cant be stripped.

We dont even have to get started on the heal and Stability, but it sure as hell looks like Untamed gets to Invul AND be superfast longer than the supposedly "super fast and immortal spec".
You will then argue that the recharged Virtues help Guardian survive, and I will then point out as others have, that Guardians CANNOT cast anything else while they channel that Elite Invul, the same restriction does not apply to Untamed.

Hmm true, well we can let Arena Net balance it since they will see the bigger picture. 

Its more I wanted some counter play not just a button that prevents you from doing anything to a Willbender. 

They can teleport in, one shot someone then leave without dying. Untamed/Soulbeast used to be like this but they got nerfed because it was so strong, multiple times mind you too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2