Scrapper needs condi viability with the new bow

ChrisWhitey.9076

If we are stuck with a new support weapon and condi is not viable on scrapper then if nothing changes at best getting the short bow feels mid. Objects in motion needs to also give a buff to condi damage and blade gyro needs to pump bleeds. I am sure the bow might work on holo but holo is a weird support class. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Edit - This is looking at the bow as an offensive support weapon. Defensive support I still think mace shield should be best in slot.

Edited by ChrisWhitey.9076
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

If we are stuck with a new support weapon and condi is not viable on scrapper then if nothing changes at best getting the short bow feels mid. Objects in motion needs to also give a buff to condi damage and blade gyro needs to pump bleeds. I am sure the bow might work on holo but holo is a weird support class. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Edit - This is looking at the bow as an offensive support weapon. Defensive support I still think mace shield should be best in slot.

Holo support wtf? And for the bow, if it does not change, its useless for any kind of serious support. As for scrapper condi, yeah scrapper should defintly have a condi variant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Condi quick Scrapper is a thing.  And would get like 3k more dps from making objects in motion work on condi too (~34k->~37k).  Also can’t really nerf condi quick without also hitting the other quick builds or Engi as a whole.  If they added a condi option I think it would be better elsewhere like applied force, though that’d be a small buff to the already overperforming pScrapper.  Personally I don’t think Scrapper needs it, it’d just be core Engi with function gyro and superspeed instead of tools and streamlined kits.  

Now, making impact savant work with condi would be lovely 😉

On 1/5/2024 at 5:37 PM, Jerus.4350 said:

Condi quick Scrapper is a thing.  And would get like 3k more dps from making objects in motion work on condi too (~34k->~37k).  Also can’t really nerf condi quick without also hitting the other quick builds or Engi as a whole.  If they added a condi option I think it would be better elsewhere like applied force, though that’d be a small buff to the already overperforming pScrapper.  Personally I don’t think Scrapper needs it, it’d just be core Engi with function gyro and superspeed instead of tools and streamlined kits.  

Now, making impact savant work with condi would be lovely 😉

Applied force would not help condi quick scrapper. This was the idea that was needed since the bow is designed as support. Only other thought would be the bow works as holo support in WvW but since only a small amount of people play WvW I doubt they would understand support holo and even though it works it is still weird.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Not sure what your point is with the bow.  Hopefully it’s being reworked because what we saw was basically no damage power or condi.  And yes right now applied force doesn’t help condi, my point was that adding a condi mod to object in motion would cause condi quick to become a bit overpowered, they could instead make Applied Force give extra condi damage as well and that change wouldn’t really affect other builds.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:28 PM, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

Applied force would not help condi quick scrapper. This was the idea that was needed since the bow is designed as support. Only other thought would be the bow works as holo support in WvW but since only a small amount of people play WvW I doubt they would understand support holo and even though it works it is still weird.

Except hardlight arena for prot holo, what is support about holo? The switftness of holo skill 2? Guess youre running mace+shield, buts that our support weapons set so thats does not count for holo. I struggle to see in witch world support holo is a real thing, even in wvw.

I don't think he's explicitly saying support Holo would really work, just theorizing about SB. And you could technically make it, problem is that Holo doesn't offer any major boons for their party, unlike Scrapper/Mechanist.

Layed out flat Holo can sustain Might(10)/Fury/Protection/Swiftness for near 100% uptime with some Regeneration. This assumes 100% boon uptime. Anything else would either come from core traits/skills or Relics.

Bow would only allow it to kinda do what the other specs already do, just more unreliable, so in conclusion, it seems just as useless for Holo.

• Thanks 1