How to join a guild

I'm thinking I might want to join a guild. When I look at wiki information online it says look on the guild panel for information but there is no guild list that I expected to find as in some other games. It says I need an invite to join but I though it might be prudent to know what a particular guild is all about. With no list and no feedback what is going on with this? I have absolutely no idea about what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can post and browse guild postings here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/30-looking-for-guild/

Otherwise, while you are playing, you will probably see some guild recruitment messages in-game in the chat box.

If you are looking for a guild for a particular game mode, such as WvW, play the game mode and if you run across a guild group of players on your team, you can see about joining their party/squad for the play session, get in their discord channel, and if you all get along, see about joining their guild.

You can join up to 5 guilds, so don't fret about finding guilds that focus on 1 game mode. You don't have to play with one guild all the time. 

if the guild requires 100% representing their guild, it kinda defeats the purpose of joining multiple guilds.

• Like 1