Gortho son of Malik bugged, can't buy Bird Whistle

The NPC has been bugged standing @Gladefall Run since yesterday, and nobody is able to interact with him (Several people have passed by but no luck) 

He is needed since the Bird Whistle item can only be bought from him and is required to complete the skyscale collection achievement, therefore unlocking the mount.

There is no event related to him going on, and so far I've not found, or been able to find an other instance of the map to see if I could interact with him there. The daily reset has not done anything either.

Is there a known workaround, or do we really have to wait for a patch of the game ? Which is in 3 weeks afaik (I've seen this being said on other similar posts regarding this type of issue. Map resets coincide with patches? ...)

Edited by Almadis.1672

7 hours ago, Almadis.1672 said:

Is there a known workaround, or do we really have to wait for a patch of the game ? Which is in 3 weeks afaik (I've seen this being said on other similar posts regarding this type of issue. Map resets coincide with patches? ...)

Map resets only happen when a patch (either a bug fix that requires a download or a content update) goes in. Otherwise, map instances will remain open until they are completely empty or until enough players show up to make it create a new instance of the map.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Map resets only happen when a patch (either a bug fix that requires a download or a content update) goes in. Otherwise, map instances will remain open until they are completely empty or until enough players show up to make it create a new instance of the map.

Yeah that's what I gathered from similar topics then, thanks for the clarification!

Basically we're screwed for the next 22 days unless a miracle occurs and enough people show up in this zone to generate a new shard ? There were more than 50 people in the zone tonight to help but it did not result in anything sadly

I play a lot of games, but that's actually one of the stupidest bugs aggravated by crap design that I've seen in a long time. Why is this particular bugged npc that has been bugged for years selling this item. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Almadis.1672 said:

Yeah that's what I gathered from similar topics then, thanks for the clarification!

Basically we're screwed for the next 22 days unless a miracle occurs and enough people show up in this zone to generate a new shard ? There were more than 50 people in the zone tonight to help but it did not result in anything sadly

Are you on NA or EU? The NPC was unbugged for me on NA earlier, but your phrasing makes it sound like you're EU.

Same for me. We actually payed for the game and the extensions. We expect a fully functional service or a workaround.
I am personally stuck trying to get the Bird Whistle item for the same reason as OP. ArenaNet can feel free to unlock the collection requirement for us if there is no other way.

• Haha 3