Improvement suggestions for Reaper

My ttk for reaper after a successful chilled to the bone isn't good. This is the enemy sitting there with me just spamming damage on them. I've seen basically anything with a gs down me in a matter of seconds while I'm not even stunned. I realize that every class has advantages/disadvantages, but I feel like being able to down someone in like 2 seconds is really overpowered right now. All of the shroud abilities really need to be a little better. 

Executioner's Scythe: Bump range from 240 to 340. This is a giant kitten shadow scythe. It should be able to fly out further.

Death's Charge: This doesn't really work that well. It seems to miss the target a lot, like the logic built into this ability just isn't good. I know I'm not the first person to complain about this. Not even really sure how this can be fixed or improved.

Life Reap/Slash/Rend: Bump all to 240, right now its 220, 170, 170. Why even is that? Why do attacks 2-3 have a lower range than 1? Makes 0 sense. Most of the time reaper is getting massive cc when they enter shroud so they can't even hit their target anyway. Bumping range slightly would help out a little.

I don't even want more damage, I just want the abilities that I have to land sometimes. I don't think thats asking too much when people are hucking grenades, trapping me, gun flaming me for 14k, and smacking me like a little kitten with a giant greatsword that requires one button click. Not even to mention being in shroud, you're already standing in 12 red aoe circles from the enemy ele, scourge, dh and druid gang banging you. Also not even to mention as soon as reaper casts shroud he suddenly becomes enemy team target #1.

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Deadmoose.6594 changed the title to Improvement suggestions for Reaper

Moose idk what we do without you. 

On topic, as usual, your take is interesting.. Do you honestly feel Reaper needs more area denial on top of its condi spam, unblockable marks, etc? 

On the shroud 2, check your setting for targeting. I've never had any issue landing or retargeting. Only skill I complain about landing is torch 5. 

Lastly short ttk? Really? You want a big burst on condi reaper? Based lol. But then at then end you said you don't want more damage. Continue I guess. 

Brotherman are you still solo queuing? Get yourself a dps friend, target focus together and start banging out some wins. I know for a FACT I speak for ALL of NA pvp and the forum folks and the dev team. We believe in you and want you to do well. We know you will get there. ❤️ 

In addition, downed fear gets resisted or completely ignored way too often. Too many classes just outright ignore this ability, which should be unblockable. Almost all specs have some annoying "keep me in the fight longer" ability when downed, except reaper is literally the only one that can easily be mitigated.

Ele gets to teleport away, prolonging their life...nothing you can do about it. Guardian knocks you back, same. Mesmer invis teleports away, same. Ranger has some kind of knockdown I think. It's all super annoying and better than necro. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

On the shroud 2, check your setting for targeting.

What do you mean check my settings? I have a target, the ability should go towards the target.

2 hours ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

Do you honestly feel Reaper needs more area denial on top of its condi spam, unblockable marks, etc?

Yes, compare it to the other area denial specs. It's lackluster in comparison. Can easily be mitigated. There shouldn't be any argument to contradict what I'm saying. Going shroud takes work, you need lifeforce. What other class requires you to build up a bar before you can even use its strongest abilities? When I go to shroud, I should be kittening kitten up. Not getting focused and dying immediately.

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Haha 1