WVW Defense Credit Still Deeply Broken

Every time wvw defense is an AA weekly I'm going to start a new bug thread. I've gotten kills defending towers and keeps at least 4 times today and ZERO credit. I killed an attacker WITH THE GUARDS at a keep gate. No credit. I'm on an AC on a tower wall watching my participation  refresh every kill I get, no credit.

• Like 2

I think there is some specific criteria that is very complicated, like you have to kill someone after they have killed a guard - something like that.  It is absolutely too difficult to get Tower Defender, and it should be changed back to what it was so that it is easier to obtain.

• Haha 1

I am not sure if I have gotten a Tower defense weekly since the "wall nerf" last April (?). The problem is, that ANet Devs have, as far as I know (please link/quote if you can prove me wrong), not responded as this being a bug/oversight or working as intended. Now WvW players have to make up some voodoo explanations on how this works (like the you have to kill an attacker that has killed a guard - which is not really proven as well). I pretty much have settled on skipping defense weeklies and I am treating successful defense events as "ooops that happened" incidents.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta understand that it's way better for people to get too few rewards than too many. Therefore, people getting no rewards for defense events or bronze rewards for capping towers and keeps isn't really a big deal, at least according to Anet. In other words, it's working as intended.