Berserker or Assassin stats [Dragonhunter/Willbender]

Akym.6387

HOW BIG IS THE DIFFERENCE IN NUMBERS?

(PvE only) (Group and Solo)

I played [Dragonhunter] for some time now and I am using Sword/Focus and Longbow with [Berersker] stats and [Scholar Runes] and with ["Feel my Wrath"] and sword skill 2, I keep [Fury] uptime very well, and I always have that 33% Crit Chance and also with the decent build where I use [Radiance] - [Right - Hand Strength] that also gives a bit extra precision. I deal nice amount of damage that way and I use "survavibility traits" and even with "Full Damage" traits I hit almost the same but with risk of more chance to die. As for the [Willbender] same thing (As for Relics, I use [Relic of Dragonhunter] for obviously [Dragonhunter] and for [Willbender] [Relic of Thief]. BUT only builds on sites and from other players I see are them using Assassin's stats with [Dragonhunter Runes] and with Greatsword (tho I don't like that playstyle for Greatsword) and also they hit like max on arcDPS scale on every video I've seen. As for [Willbender] more or less the same with Assassin's stuff. 

I can't test that right now since I don't have Gold nor that much of Ascended Armor to make another test build. Thanks.

• Confused 1

Full berserker ascended gear provide you with 50% crit chance (let's say 55% if you take the trait Right hand strength).

From there you just need good sources of fury and resolution to stay at 100% crit chance if you take the radiance traitline. Since that's something that your group's support should be able to take care of, then you have your answer for PvE group content.

As for solo, it's up to you to find the right balance that work for you. Assassin gear will make it possible for you to stand at 75% crit chance without boons (85% if your foe is burning), allowing you to weave between fury and resolution. Marauder gear can bring you to 65% crit chance without boons (75% on burning foes) but you'll have a nice cushion of health. As for berserker stats, you'll struggle to cap crit chance with these (it will be even more difficult since you seem to want to play LB). There is room for creativity.

The reason they recommend GS as 2nd set is that it's a source of resolution while MH sword is a source of fury.