Reaper - Chilled to the Bone (no CC)

I noticed this elite skill didn't appear to be doing any break bar damage during raids today. I went to the special forces training golem right after and tested it as well. There is no break bar damage other than the chilled ticking CC / defiance / breakbar damage. 

Tooltip very clearly states "Defiance Break: 500." It does stun regular enemies (non-defiant / no breakbar), but it does nothing to champs with a break bar, other than the passive ticking chill breakbar damage. It should be doing an instant break bar damage from the stun effect and the tooltip that states it.

Of course, I just swapped back to flesh golem, but that doesn't fix this skill.

Edit: sorry, it's not "zero cc" like I thought, see below. It looks like 200 instant cc instead of the 500 on the tooltip, plus the portion of breakbar damage from chilled debuff.

Edited by Phrenitis.9604
new info
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Tested some more and it looks like it's doing a smaller amount of instant breakbar damage plus the soft CC from chill. It's definitely not doing 500 breakbar damage. I suspect it's doing 200 breakbar damage from the 2 second stun portion of the tooltip.

A training golem with 20 second breakbar = 2,000 defiance. You can test this with something that does no soft CC and an even number of CC per the tooltip, like 400 which will break it in exactly 5 uses, for example.

Using only Chilled to the Bone, it takes 5 full uses, which includes the soft CC from the chilled debuff of 21 seconds from those 5 uses. Unfortunately, the "condition immunity" you can put on the training golem doesn't block chilled debuff passive CC so I can't get an exact number.

Bottom line, it's doing some instant breakbar dmg, but definitely not 500. Looks more like 200.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Phrenitis.9604 said:

Tested some more and it looks like it's doing a smaller amount of instant breakbar damage plus the soft CC from chill. It's definitely not doing 500 breakbar damage. I suspect it's doing 200 breakbar damage from the 2 second stun portion of the tooltip.

A training golem with 20 second breakbar = 2,000 defiance. You can test this with something that does no soft CC and an even number of CC per the tooltip, like 400 which will break it in exactly 5 uses, for example.

Using only Chilled to the Bone, it takes 5 full uses, which includes the soft CC from the chilled debuff of 21 seconds from those 5 uses. Unfortunately, the "condition immunity" you can put on the training golem doesn't block chilled debuff passive CC so I can't get an exact number.

Bottom line, it's doing some instant breakbar dmg, but definitely not 500. Looks more like 200.

If you didn't cast Cttb within 240 range you only get 2 seconds of Stuns=200 Break Bar.
It needs to be melee for the full 5 seconds.

• Sad 1

The tooltip is erroneously adding together the two different breakbar damage amounts. Within 240 radius, it applies a 3s stun for 300 breakbar damage. Beyond 240 radius, it applies a 2s stun for 200 breakbar damage. At no point is it supposed to do 500 breakbar damage. Tooltips across a wide variety of CC skills with varying CC types/lengths all have this issue, where they add together the two different breakbar damages into a single value. For example, the warrior hammer skill Backbreaker does 3s knockdown (300 breakbar damage), or 4s (400) if the target is affected by Weakness. The tooltip adds the two values together and claims that it does 700 breakbar damage, which it doesn't.

Edited by Shaman.2034
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1