Got an Idea for New Expansion. (Post-Soto)

Greetings,

Soto is still going on, but i had an idea for a follow up Expansion. (no images just read material)

Expansion name:

"Manifest of the Divine"

Story Synopsis:

At the end of Soto we see a final cinematic. The commander and Peitha's forces are succesfull in liberating the Kryptis homeland.

They had defeated Eparch; however.. during his demise all the massive energy essence he absorbed from all those fallen Kryptis slithers away to somewhere else. The camera pans to a Shadowy figure standing high atop a floating island overlooking the battlefield below; the same figure that is collecting Eparch's essence.

We see a closeup smirking mouth shot of a familiar face before vanishing in (profession X) fashion; who oh who could it be....

After the Soto adventure; the Commander receives a mail from (npc X); strange things are occurring around Tyria. Some Friends of the commander have disappeared one by one without an trace.

Another worry on the commander's list it seems; as of late the Commander suffers from light headaches... the reason; unknown.

As you are investigating their whereabouts (on behalf of npc X) your being hindered by unknown forces; they look like human citizens, but  their behaviour is clearly that of fanatics. (voicelines examples: Your a nuinance to our mistress cause! Die Servant of the Prismatic one!). During these encounters the commander suffers visually more from these "light headaches" ... what in blazes is going on.

The timing and methods they use in these assaults seems off... almost like the commander is being tested... but for what purpose? One thing you do notice is small traces of Kryptis energy mixed with something else... something familiar. The commander cant figure it out though. One thing is certain; all those disappearances point to one place; Rata Sum.

At Rata Sum you'l be greeted by none other then Moto; the inventor of the Super Adventure Box; he seems to be in panick; the local authorities are investigating him and his device. After asking further about the "why" it becomes clear; all the people that have disappeared were last seen near the Super Adventure Box Apparatus. The Commander knows what needs to be done to solve the mystery; enter the Apparatus. The commander insist Moto teams up since he would know if something is amiss. With a mixed feeling of reluctancy and curiosity Moto accepts.

The commander cruises through world 1 while moto scans the interior coding for anomalies; nothing out of the ordinary it seems. Upon return to the Overworld hub the commander sees Moto standing passive before the "unfinished World portals"; clearly pondering. When the Commander asks about it; Moto seems agitated; brushes it off and goes into the 2nd World. The Commander chases after Moto.

You see Moto running off in the distance; as the commander chases after him he is assaulted once again by the unknown forces. How did they manage to invade the inside of the Apparatus? Again a familiar lingering presence of Kryptis energy and something else. But the commander has no time to ponder about that. Moto is in Danger!

Eventually the Commander catches up with Moto... He is talking to someone.. its npc X? And something is seriously amiss; npc X seems distorted/fragmented. As the commander is almost in close proximity of them he is struck by extreme flashing headaches.. The commander calls out to Moto but he cant hear his words... Somehow mesmerized by the sweet words of Npc X; Moto is absorbed thoughts... saying the same words: I can do it! I can finish it! Finally! Moto sunks down into a portal wich materializes under him. 

The commander is barely able to stand due to the severity of the headaches. Npc X slowly approaches to have a little chat with the commander.  voicelines examples: Your resillience to my power is astonishing! Is it your connection to that acursed creature? No matter, the Kryptis have served their purpose... such a gullible fool... that Eparch.

How can this be; the Commander wonders. npc X is respected by her people, admired by one of his closest friends. But the Headaches, the Distorted fragments... then the commander asks the one question: Your not her! W-Who Are you!??  npc X: No... i am not her... But she is cruciaI to our.... MY plans... As to who i am...Please commander... surely you must have noticed... something familiar. 

Commander: It cant be... your a....

Npc X: If i cant break you; then i will trap you. Begone Mortal!

*Commander sink into illusionary depths*

End Synopsis.

(i could eleborate it further but ... meh your all bright cookies, use own imagination :D)

Overal idea's for this Expansion:

This is a 99% single player experience with the goal capture the "retrospective spririt" but modernised to GW2 standards.

Absolutely no Mount use in this expansion, rather a special teleportation stone or wp's.

Yes yes the whole thing is unpopular idea cause it will cost alot of investment/tinkering.

Features:

Manifestations.

Your alone...stranded in a strange realm cutoff from the world. But the unlikely ally(strong connection to npc X) makes her appearance and tells the commander there is a way to rescue his friends. These realms are shaped by the powers of the npc X; normally normal individuals wouldnt be able to resist it.. But the commander is diffrent; thanks to the strong connection to Aurene; the commander has the ability to "manifest" aspects of his very being into excistence. Together with these "manifestations" its up to the commander to turn the tide of this Mysterious situation.

Reintroduction of gw1 heroes in the form of  "Manifestations". A total of 4 diffrent types the commander will meet along the way as he explores more maps. (1 full party composition in total)

When i say diffrent types i mean: they have names like Manifestation of Might, Manifestation of Wisdom etc; and true to their name their personality is based on that: Might would be brawly, loudmouthed, Rude but honest.  Wisdom would be, serious, intelligent even a bit of a condecending prick at times. Kindness is cheerfull, helpfull and at times ignorant in a cute manner.

One thing about them visually is open for debate; do they have an unique look or make them exact duplicates of your own commander with their personalities being the separating element.

You can reskin their Equipment to your liking, change their traits, similar to the Commander. This opens up nice experimentation. Each Manifest should have a fixed weight class otherwise it might get a bit crazy like having 5 viper virtuo team for example. Or no restrictions.

The Manifestations are ofcourse npc's but since this Expansion relies on the combined efforts of the Commander + manifestations. An absolutely must is proper AI.  Atleast at the bare minimum lv of having the following abilities : having reactive dodging, able to recognize/preform field combo's, proper path finding, understand basic rotation skill combos.

The Manifestations are aspects of the Commander; in other words their also commanders in their own right. As the commander ventures forward the various worlds he will encounter Meta's aswell. to solve the lack of actual players the Manifestations that run the Meta's as a "commander" will summon an group of allied npc of their own to help complete the Meta succesfully.

A special Action comes into play aswell, some idea's about its use in this expansion: 1)Depending on wich Manifestation leads the meta; providing Defiance breaking siege strikes, or mass healing rain/ice shards. idk go wild. 2)It acts as a on the fly switch Manifestation control similar to an turnbased rpg. 3)its a special overpowered move wich does coordinated team attack if certain conditions are met.

Masteries.

These are specificly to boost the abilities of your manifestations. Some elements are blocked off and need a special ability only specific manifestations can use/unlock.(example: a Rock blocks a juicy loot chest. lv up Manifest Wisdom mastery so it can learn "Applied science" to catapult the rock out of the way using the insane leverage force of a wooden plank(These are realms that defy logic so why not ;D)

Final tiers unlock the ability to gain perma buffs in the regular expansions called "lingering Might"etc.... it grants stuff like 10% magicfind for instance. Your manifestations are always with you in some sense.... just not physically.

1 Mastery tree is reserved for enhancing the Gauntlet. 1 Mastery tree to enhance the various features of a Camp.

Camp/Vendors.

You setup a permanent camp in each map. Here your manifestations go around doing their business, banter with each other.

Here they also effectively become vendors for the Commander to trade the stuff for other goods.. It is important to note the stuff in these worlds is Illusionary and unusable in the regular expansions as they would vanish; but the Manifestations(depending on their type/mastery tiers) can transform that illusionary stuff into actual materialized useable goods like T6, Ectos, Exotics new armor/weapon sets etc wich can be brought back the main world of tyria. Another thing the Camp allows(Mastery) is send 1 or more Manifest on a expedition to unearth some nice loot. the more difficult the (configurable) goal, the better the loot. Expedition options change daily for variation. there is even some mini games you can do with them. For instance: sharpen your mind with a game of deldrimor Chess vs the Manifest of Wisdom, or do a hunting  contest with the Manifest of Might. Or a Rock paper scissors game with Manifest of Kindness.

New Zones/Worlds.

Each new World/Map is themed around  the commanders missing friends. By some means each new world will be revealed as progress is made in the story.

Npc X Manifests the fears, hopes, dreams of the people that have been disappearing into Physical worlds/realms. As example Lets recall what Moto said: that it would finally be  finished. So one world would be the finalized Super Adventure Box experience but as an interactive explorable map; sprouted directly from Moto's mind; The dream of how he envisioned it, but also mixed with the fears, agony that goes along with it; made visual ingame. Each map has a meta event centered around the liberation and rescue of the original source from npc X's grasp. When i say rescue i mean the commander rescue's a shackled thought and since people have endless thoughts the metas are repeatable without it breakingdown the worlds . the original sources will only be rescued during the  final story chapter. For replayability the maps should be changing daily to keep it interesting... examples like: diffrent special mobs, diffrent events. special events.

Gauntlet.

Basicly your idea of an endless dungeon with RNG Core,hoT,PoF,EoD visual themes mixed. Multiple interconnected Rooms with diffrent enemies, predetermined Modifiers like poison tick etc for increased rewards etc.

How many room can you clear with the  commander + Party? What wonderous Loot/discoveries/achies/titles await? Find out in this new Expansion! (huhu :D)

Antagonist/Enemies.

Npc X... she felt a new sensation. It was Fear. an unpleasant feeling... an unacceptable feeling. Her other side tried to give comfort; to no avail. Npc X found the source of this Fear. An Excistence wich could spell her demise. Again Her other side tried to give comfort... this time she casts it aside. Npc X convinced her brethen; the unholy child, the lady of nature; to join her cause, But the Oldest refused; saying "if fate deemed it so, we should abide by it, for we stopped walking among Mortals in their hour of need" Npc X smiled but behind her mask she was already plotting a Scheme to preserve her excistence. Npc X and her accomplishes met in the darkest abyss while the Oldest was in deep slumber.  Npc X: so we are in agreement? Unholy child: yes, its mere presence gives mortals hope... the hope to continue living.. its sickening.. My purpose... my very excistence is also in jeopardy. Lady of Nature: Tis unatural, an abomination to nature itself; but what can we do. She doesnt approve of this. Npc X: She is a fool who believes the creature isnt hostile and if it was; we should embrace this fate. Unholy child: Then what do you propose? vanquished souls have told me its power rivals our combined might.. Its aided by a Champion of its own.. an exceptional Mortal Hero. Npc X: Hm... how do you fight Fire? with fire. We merely need to Manifest one of our own creation; one that can overpower it with the fears and agony and anger we gather from mortal minds... And i know just the right vessel; one i suprisingly share a strong connection with, and we will also need a vast amount of otherworldly essence to create a prison of living flesh to trap it. Unholy child: Remnants of the Stygian... the Kryptis?

Npc X: precisely.. the Kryptis! As for this Mortal hero... I will deal with him personally...

Lady of Nature: what about the Oldest? She will try to stop us if she hears of this. Npc X: We will make sure to put her powers to good use. We will shackle her mind and body todo our bidding. Lady of Nature: And what about your sister?; You cast her aside, but she might try to regain control. Npc X: She weak and fragile; she always has been... just like her mask.. she wouldnt dare defy me...

Now... let us begin. 

A cult of devoted human worshippers followed them doing their bidding... alas; betraying their forgotten true Queen.

"To fight the Prismatic one? Fight fire with fire"

Main force:

Creatures that are a collaboration of Npc X's, the unholy Child's and the Lady of Nature's power. The Oldest one has been bound todo their will; her exploited blessings empowers their creations even further. Many Humans that worship them with zeal Heed the call to serve and fall in line todo their bidding aswell; clad in tunics to show their absolute dedication.

Zone/map enemies:

These are creations sprouted from the mind of an imprisoned individual. visually reflects the various aspects of their fears, hopes, dreams. some can be friendly or some can hostile.

Gauntlet enemies:

A mix of various enemies the world has never seen before. both wicked and often deceptionally whimsical in appearance (Grizzly bears with rainbow fur/Risen Clowns/Skritt Grim Reapers

final Boss:

????????

Expansion music vibe: Heroic epic uplifting/A brand new Adventure awaits. example style below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG_IDVWaEH4

Track 3 Camp/Vendor theme idea(a moment of Planning/Rejuvenation/Peace).

Track 10 Overworld theme idea( And so it begins...)

Track 13 especially is an empowering battle theme idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 1