Important ambient dialogue reveal (possible Soto spoiler)

I really loved coming across those two talking organically this week while exploring the patch.

So yes, Febe and Mosyn were Kryptis from an ancient age who truly embodied the unique Kryptis culture that was lost with Eparch's purge.

I talked after SotO released about Cerus' monologue in the Temple of Febe; how it almost made me feel sorry for him and how he too seemed to be a victim of Eparch. The history of the Realm of Dreams we have now really cements that idea for me. Any Kryptis who stood in the way of Eparch's vision for their kind were summarily executed, and their unique culture was replaced with the imitations of the worlds centered in Eparch's obsessive mind (mainly Tyrian stuff).

I think there's a memory somewhere in the Eastern side of Nyedra Surrounds that describes Mosyn's art and depicts the emotion of Febe and herself as they paint and enjoy each other's company in the shadow of the Midnight King's Citadel, dreaming of an era after his rule was ended.

The memory attached to Kanaxai's axe on the Western edge of the region shows how unfortunate her end wound up being, shouting curses at the castle before Kanaxai cut her down in the middle of the coliseum.

The wiki also seems to think that there is both a Lord and a Lady Mosyn, but I've seen no evidence of this. Lady Mosyn is who they seem to be describing when they use the name Mosyn, so whoever's doing her page should probably correct that (I don't mess with the wiki too much because I'm too lazy to learn the formatting).

Another interesting lore concept that this patch made me contemplate was the reason why Peitha, Deimos, and Cerus are all considered to be House Nephus. We actually met Nephus in this patch, and he doesn't seem to be their father or even part of their family, if I'm analyzing his dialogue correctly.

It makes me think that Peitha and her siblings were taken into Nephus' protection some time long ago when Eparch initially sat himself upon the Throne of Midnight. Peitha, after the death of her siblings, called herself the "true king". I feel like there's one last piece of this ancestry puzzle we have yet to be given in the story, and it involves Peitha's precise lineage.

They've got so many secrets to unobscure next patch.

Edited by mandala.8507
typo
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:13 AM, mandala.8507 said:

their unique culture was replaced with the imitations of the worlds centered in Eparch's obsessive mind (mainly Tyrian stuff)

From the getgo all this reminded me of Abaddon and his Nightfallen versions of Tyria. Nayos just looks like an alternate Domain of Pain.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:13 AM, mandala.8507 said:

So yes, Febe and Mosyn were Kryptis from an ancient age who truly embodied the unique Kryptis culture that was lost with Eparch's purge.

Another recurring theme in the Guild Wars lore; Jotun and Turai Ossa come to mind. Basically constant reminders that humanity is just a speck on the history of ancient Tyrian races...