Ore being... upgraded?

Semi new player here. I've noticed that every time I gather from an ore node, it doesn't give me the ore, but rather the ore a 'level' above it. For example, I'll mine copper, and get silver. It's really annoying. Does it have something to do with my gathering gear? I got the skyscale gathering skins from the Black Lion diamond market awhile ago. I wanted to know how to fix it, because I'm trying to mine vesperite and getting orichalcum which I have plenty of. (This is my first time posting, I hope it's in the right place.)

• Confused 1

Keep that somewhere you can find it easily, it's incredibly useful and can be equipped in any gathering tool with an upgrade slot, not just the one it came from.

One of the other tools in that set has a Glyph of the Crucible, which does the opposite and downgrades the extracted materials.

Also extremely useful, if not necessarily something you want equipped all the time.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LoserCat.5897 said:

I'm trying to mine vesperite and getting orichalcum which I have plenty of.

Vesperite equates to mitril ore. Orichalcum is much rarer than mithril throughout Tyria and therefore worth about twice as much. So you could always sell some of your orichalcum and buy mithril with the proceeds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1