Buying the game seems bugged [Merged]

Same thing happens to me. I click on login and it says page not found or this took to long to open. I tried on 3 different browsers on Windows and Safari on IPhone. I was able to input my credentials once but the same error page not found came up. I can log into the game and play just fine.

• Sad 1

Yeah, I'm having the same issues. Like @Zepherothe.7906 has said. Tried 3 different browsers Brave, Chrome, and Firefox. Even attempted it on my phone on multiple mobile browsers. Still can't login. Either it's taking a very long time to load or the connection times out for the website. Regardless how many times you refresh the page it still won't login. I hope someone from ArenaNet has the decency to be transparent with us and puts out an official post regarding the issue. And hopefully a work around.

• Confused 1

The login server seems to be redirecting to gw2-buysite-live.guildwars2.com instead of buy.guildwars2.com. I was able to push through a login by fixing that server name in the URL that fails to load; that workaround might work for others too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kdau.5043 said:

The login server seems to be redirecting to gw2-buysite-live.guildwars2.com instead of buy.guildwars2.com. I was able to push through a login by fixing that server name in the URL that fails to load; that workaround might work for others too.

Yes this worked! Thank you!

• Confused 1

It's not just you. It appears their official site is just broken. Was about to buy the last two expansions and GW1. I want to bundle it together however for the people that don't want to wait until it gets fixed if it ever gets fixed. You can buy the expansions in game. It literally pops up about the sale in game and you can access it through the cash shop. You will just have to buy each expansion individually. I have no idea if you can do the complete collection in game or not.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DudeInTheBlack.7629 said:

It's not just you. It appears their official site is just broken. Was about to buy the last two expansions and GW1. I want to bundle it together however for the people that don't want to wait until it gets fixed if it ever gets fixed. You can buy the expansions in game. It literally pops up about the sale in game and you can access it through the cash shop. You will just have to buy each expansion individually. I have no idea if you can do the complete collection in game or not.

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. I tried to get my friend to buy it on her end and it's also not working. I hope it gets fixed soon...

18 minutes ago, coures.1065 said:

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. I tried to get my friend to buy it on her end and it's also not working. I hope it gets fixed soon...

Do not purchase in-game if you plan to gift the expansions to someone else, as purchasing in-game only applies the Serial Key to your account. 

From another poster:  The login server seems to be redirecting to gw2-buysite-live.guildwars2.com instead of buy.guildwars2.com. I was able to push through a login by fixing that server name in the URL that fails to load; that workaround might work for others too.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Sad 1