Idol of Balthazar

Yereton.8647

Hey guys!

I know this is a bit of an old topic, but I recently (re-)did the Priory instance where you defend Lion's Arch using the Idol of Balthazar. I decided to do some research on it, since I had only rudimentary knowledge of what it was and how we got it.

So what I managed to find was that the Mane warband find it and there is whole arc about it and the Charr PC's father.

However, I couldn't find anything on it aside from that. So my questions are:

• Where did the Mane warband find the Idol? How did it arrive in Ascalon?
  • How old is the Idol? Is it an ancient artifact like Sohothin and Magdaer given to humanity at some point?
  • Was it made by Balthazar or by someone else?
  • How did the idol end up in the hands of the Priory? The journal entry for Misplaced Faith claims it was destroyed.

I would appreciate answers on this and any lore I may have missed. Thanks in advance!

Most likely Ascalonian ruins. Given "outside the Black Citadel" perhaps from Rin or Nolani Academy. If not made in Ascalon, likely came from Orr.

Unstated. Most divine magical artifacts are from before the Exodus, however. These idols were likely intended to be a "last case emergency" artifacts.

Unstated. If not Balthazar himself, then an avatar of priest of his is likely.

More than one idol, as Gixx says the idol is "no longer enchanted" because Balthazar "is not a deity that likes to use the same tactic twice". Both idols used were one-time-uses. There may have been more.

Archived