Trading post question

I have two full accounts with expansions.  I mailed an item from one account to another (permanent contract from a BLC) so that the full amount of gold from the sale would be available on the account I wanted.  I'm not able to sell the item on TP now.  There is no warning but the sell button is greyed out.  Is there a lock-out timer for items of certain values?

Just an FYI "Sell instantly" will sell the item to the current highest buyer, you potentially lose out on a lot of profits by taking the guaranteed immediate sale rather than manually listing somewhere between the highest buyer and lowest seller, you still have to pay the listing and selling fees either way.

For example on the permanent black lion merchant the highest buy right now is 515g and the lowest sell is 666g. By hitting sell instantly you will automatically match that 515g buy order and you still pay the listing and selling fees. You could well have manually listed it for any amount above 515g but lower than 666g and made more money, it may even have sold quickly at say 550g rather than just undercutting the lowest sell by 1c.

Chances are whoever bought your black lion contract has already re-listed it on the TP and is set to make profits that you could have claimed yourself with a bit of patience.

If that's all fine with you and you just wanted it gone fair enough, but it's worth keeping in mind that if you don't need the gold right away playing the longer game will pay out, you don't even have to be a pro TP flipper.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Totally understand.  There a difference of ~400g between the placed order and lowest listing.  I didn't want to risk paying 400g+ for a listing fee and getting constantly undercut any having my item and gold held for an unknown amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1