Scrapper hammer with gyros, how do you jump/blast combo?

DarkK.7368

Posted (edited)

Right now I'm using rifle for scrapper. I have rocket boots, blast finisher with 2 charges that I can use to do a lot of combos for all my gyros (water, fire, lighting and smoke). The issue is, F5 skill self-blasts (traited) but only against itself (swiftness) while fire selfblasts itself too. If I want to blast/jump water, or fire again, I used the 5 rifle jump and the rocket boots.

If I swap to hammer... I lose orbital strike that blasts finishes... Rocket boots doesn't seem so useful, because they launch me too far and I lose distance with the enemy. I gain 3 skill that does a double-jump finisher in the place, which is good, but... without rocket boots, what do you do to trigger lots of jump/blast combos? Aside from deploy mine with high PVP cooldown I don't see a good candidate...

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

The skills that self-blast are meant to work normally with the combo system: blasting the oldest field placed by you. Blast gyro works properly in this way--if you lay down a long lasting field like heal gyro then hit the blast gyro immediately after the blast gyro blasts the heal field, not the fire one. Function gyro is bugged and often blasts itself no matter what. Some other handy blasts are:
Shortbow 2 & 5, Pistol 5, Shield 4 flip-over, Sword 3 & Mace 2 are leaps
All turret flip-over skills (and the blast occurs at your location, btw, not at where the turret is)
Medkit 5, Flamethrower 2, Elixir Gun 4, Bomb Kit toolbelt
Throw mine (double blast if traited with gadgeteer)
Thumper turret toolbelt
Orbital Strike from every third trigger of the Aim-Assisted Rockets trait
I think that's it, besides the ones mentioned by OP.