Vindi‘s Hammer 3 dodge need Nerf

22 minutes ago, Nbsl.5368 said:

A lot Top player uesed vindi for rank with duoq, hammer 3 have big BUG ,It make Vindi  have more dodge energy.

There is no bug... 

When players ask nerfs without even knowing what they're talking about and not even tried it themself. 👏

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

When players ask nerfs without even knowing what they're talking about and not even tried it themself.

I mean is that Hammer 3 dodge made Vindi  strong

• Confused 3

If hammer was that overperforming, it would carry herald/renegade a lot more too, which isn't the case.

The big difference between these is the trait for dodge direct damage/increased outgoing damage on vindi.

I am not in the mood to write an essay WHY it's lazy/bad design, because many like it and others don't, so not going into that any further anymore.

But if they want to target something, the direct damage on that trait lower when they land on the enemy and 15% => 10% outgoing. And now overal damage is lower + the dodge. This design carries the damage a lot. 

But leave the kitten weapon alone after the fix..., it isn't the weapon, it's this little design explained. because pick any of these other vindi grandmaster traits and you see the damage a lot lower. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

There is no bug... 

When players ask nerfs without even knowing what they're talking about and not even tried it themself. 👏

Pre-patch, we both played it, lets say over 1000 kills between us?, wiping entire groups in 1 combo at times, and not a single complaint about hammer was made. Just as an amusing observation, its pretty fking amazing what that single change to hammer 5 has achieved, from useless to meta.

Anet; I BET YOU COULD NOT DO THE SAME WITH REN

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Pre-patch, we both played it, lets say over 1000 kills between us?, wiping entire groups in 1 combo at times, and not a single complaint about hammer was made. Just as an amusing observation, its pretty fking amazing what that single change to hammer 5 has achieved, from useless to meta.

Anet; I BET YOU COULD NOT DO THE SAME WITH REN

Vindi been strong waaay before patch, just was overshadowed by other things...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Vindi been strong waaay before patch, just was overshadowed by other things...

I played rev/vindi almost exlusively over the last year, and vindi was very rare to see, hammer vindi at that?.. had more chance of seing a support engi. Herald was also rare, but that is the spec I seen the most of, and 9/10 it was played by a genuine p2+ vet. 

You just have to look at vindi weapon abilitys. Every hard hitter it does comes with a firework display of broadcasting. The only reason hammer vindi actually works atm is becuase it has access to range, ontop of the shear number of abilitys to look out for, thats the real key to it. As soon as (if) hammer is nerfed into the ground, you'll see once again how bad vindi is. Power melee vindi does not do well at all in melee group fights, it won't last more than 10 seconds before having to get out. As a 1v1 dueler, again, its abilitys are very highly broadcast, along with obscure cleansing access. So yeah, think abou that, if you take away power vindis range option its just a highly broadcast melee fighter with inferior self sustain mechanics compared to any other dueler. There is a reason I gravitated away from power vindi, and to condi core/vindi as a far better group fighter+side noder. The current hammer vindi in meta is an absolute fluke.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1