A Guide to providing infinite content for a whole playerbase with 1 intern - Please Arenanet, pleaaase

Oh my god, I just wanted to search the forums for news about Guild Wars 1, since I played the game and love it. I played the first part for 3500 hours, and the second one for 1000+. And I came across this thread quite by accident.

But I want to say that Guild Wars 1, from my point of view, is truly a role-playing game. But due to their large number, the ability to take 2 professions and the limit on the number of skills on the panel to 8 pieces, creating builds was very cool. In PVP, it was possible to make unique builds for the team, when one warrior knocks the enemy down, and three monks deal additional damage with a seal to those who are down. The skills were very interesting, it was a pleasure to study and experience them together with others.

As for Guild Wars 2, on the one hand, I think this game is more successful in terms of mechanics: dynamic, fun, and feels very nice. On the other hand, I don’t feel any impact from the weapon. I don't feel heavy or hear the clanging of metal armor. Spam of skills averages out the contribution of each individual keystroke, you simply don’t have time to analyze each attack, the game is too fast from the point of view of any rotation, and conditions and boons are too short and require the inclusion of additional keys in an incessant melody on the keyboard. Sometimes it is impossible to understand: who finished off the boss, with what blow, under what circumstances, legends will not be made about this. All fights become the same, including bosses, and do not create memorable moments. Guild Wars 1 still replays unique episodes, and each time it's different.

Regarding the mechanics, I would like to note that interrupting builds from Guild Wars 1 have lost their meaning. In the second part, you can’t even see what the enemy is casting. This information is encoded in the movement of the opponent's model, which can only be captured by a very focused person, which is extremely exhausting.

I also agree that trying to give up roles led us to roles. I think that there is no point in “fighting at windmills”; there should be roles, since they are familiar to most people.

Regarding WWW, I would like to say that I personally expected longer sieges, planning, and risks. After all, all these high-profile stories from EVE Online, etc. associated specifically with player losses. Central Castle simply goes around in circles between 3 servers to gain experience.

In conclusion, my opinion is that Guild Wars 1 is much more interesting from a build point of view, because... it has more distinct mechanics that feel very different, but it's very slow and graphically outdated. Guild Wars 2 is dynamic, very beautiful, but you can’t shake the feeling of a mobile game in which everyone runs around without looking back at others in their own separate space without any consequences, because of this the world ceases to seem real, becomes flat and artificial. I would like to see something in between these two cool projects with free PVP and an open world, heavy weapons, responsibility for every blow.

• Sad 1