GFN Broken

Posted (edited)

Same here, won't even launch the GW2 launcher stating that 
GW_2.64 - temp system error The code execution cannot proceed because WTSAPI32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
Started just after the today's (2024.06.04, 18:00) update.

[Native macOS app, v 2.0.63.131]

Edited by Asarnoh.5319
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Same - I'm chatting with GFN support now to resolve...  I think the issue is on their end, but we'll see. Stay tuned.

ETA: GFN thinks it's the patch. Their servers will have to update.  

https://imgur.com/a/FLDJk40

I've experienced this before but it usually says "This game is currently being patched" rather than throwing up a bunch of error codes.

Edited by Suspiria.8410
New info
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

GFN crashes again after latest "late" patch 6/5/24 @ ~6PM ET.  Most of this is on Nvidia, but some nudging by Anet would certainly help.

Not sure how the relationship works, but maybe Anet needs to give GFN a heads-up on patches, being that Anet suggested that Mac players use the GFN client after Mac support was dropped circa 2021.

• Sad 1

That's good to know, and I see that version does have a notification it's being updated, which means some progress, I guess. But I own the NCsoft Corp version, not the Steam version, so I can't launch it through Steam, only the original Anet-linked account.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Actually, I think you're onto something!  This seems to be the salient point here - I'm guessing that most GFN users have the Steam version, and Steam gets priority updates with a much larger library of games to constantly patch vs one(?) title directly from NCsoft.

Edited by Suspiria.8410
  • Confused 1

Same here. Getting all kinds of errors but can't sign in through GFN. I'm paying a sub fee just for this so the down time is really not acceptable to me. Hopefully this is remedied soon, it's my only method for playing the game on this computer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Tonsofchexmix.1402 said:

I tried to glean some extra info from nvidia / GFN support about the connection issue.

Thanks, Tonsofchexmix, and others who have reached out to Nvidia.
I contacted GFN as well and received the same general response. I pressed for an ETA, they said 2-3 hours (this was ~2am ET).  
Even tried Anet, hoping that with a hosting agreement/license is in place, some sort of communication between the two must happen from time to time. As suspected, this is a no-go. The onus is squarely on Nvidia. (At least Anet should be aware a third party is harming Anet's customer experience 😐)

(On August 19th, I'm going to reach out to GFN and preemptively tell them GW2 will not launch on August 20th unless they standby and prepare to patch the game posthaste.)

Edited by Suspiria.8410
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's a bit bizarre how they've phrased it. I'm confused into thinking that they have downtime after the game itself patched? But that's never been the case before. I've been able to refresh the client and play uninterrupted on GFN minutes after a patch for the game has come out. They shouldn't have any issue with their local client streaming and installing updates.

I feel like there's something weirder going on with their service. Hopefully it's sorted out sooner rather than later, since this is my only lifeline for being able to play. 😑

• Like 1

I empathize and agree on all counts. To your point, it's especially odd this hasn't been a problem until recently. Been playing GW2 on GFN for ~4 years and never got these types of errors and with such long delays before patch completion. With the uptick in reports to GFN, I really hope they're looking under the hood at why this is happening so frequently lately.

• Like 1

It's really weird how this works. Sometimes the client patches itself right after an update as it normally would back when I owned a Windows PC, and sometimes they take the game down for maintenance. I would prefer the former since I too am on an Ultimate plan, which isn't cheap, so prolonged downtimes are never acceptable. Avatar, for instance, they took down for 4 days once.

• Haha 1