Jousting and other fun Mount things

Posted (edited)

Now  that we’re getting spears we need to have lances and raptor and warclaw jousting. 

And for our other mounts…

• TURTLE DEMOLITION DERBIES!!
  • Whack a mole contest for Springers 
  • Underwater spear fishing for skimmers. Where you run through a shark, barracuda, or other underwater monster to spear it and kill it.  
  • Allow griffons to swoop down and grab enemies off the ground, then you can swoop up and drop them  letting them take fall damage, plus extra damage if you go into a dive to drop them  
  • Dog sleds for Jackals. Toss some passengers on the sled and have the jackals pull it. Allow the passengers own jackals to help pull the sled to go faster. Allow this as a way of transporting passengers to waypoints in other zones that they haven’t yet unlocked. 

I know this is probably not going to happen for JW, but a player can dream...

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

We have precious little information about the "new PvP mode"... What if it literally is warclaw jousting? It does seem likely that warclaw is going to expand on what they've learned from creating the turtle and adding combat abilities to skyscale, being a more fleshed-out, single player combat mount (in addition to its expanded mobility to traverse the new maps).

I could definitely see that bringing a very different crowd into PvP, though currently it isn't possible to modify your mount's stats in any way so it'd be interesting to see if they could make it complex and diverse enough to function as its own mode. Possibly allowing an assortment of mounts would work, barring skyscale, griffon, and turtle at least? Everyone is limited to spear skills, but you could try tricky strategies like dropping on your opponents from above with a well-aimed springer jump, or be super mobile but hard to control precisely on skimmer.

34 minutes ago, Tinker.6924 said:

TURTLE DEMOLITION DERBIES!!

I would definitely love that, even though I have no idea how it would work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1