Shed? What is this?

I noticed something odd tonight.  There was a skill I've never seen before called "Shed" showing on arcdps and in my combat log.  It showed no mouseover tooltip in the combat log and I couldn't find anything about it on the wiki.  I was playing power untamed with jungle stalker and tiger pet.  Any ideas what this is?

Shed is a little known skill that is only available to feline pets.

Leap to target and shake vigorously, leaving piles of fur on and around the target. If not allergic, the target will start brushing off the fur causing immobilization.

If allergic, the target will sneeze violently 3 times and the target's eye will begin to water causing blind.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grey.3179 said:

Shed is a little known skill that is only available to feline pets.

Leap to target and shake vigorously, leaving piles of fur on and around the target. If not allergic, the target will start brushing off the fur causing immobilization.

If allergic, the target will sneeze violently 3 times and the target's eye will begin to water causing blind.

The mystery is solved!  Thanks! 🤣

Reddit helped me solve the mystery.  So, I think what happened is the particular champion I was fighting (Avatar of Balthazar) has two hounds with him that spread fire on the ground during the fight.  So, they "shed" fire as a projectile which forms a fire area effect that continues to deal damage if you stand in it.  If you manage to reflect one of these before it forms the puddle then it can form a puddle that if the boss stands in will continue to deal damage to him.

Here's the video and you can see the second dog run over and just before it dies during whirling defense (a reflect) a fire puddle forms under the boss.  You can also see my pet standing in the fire but apparently not taking damage.  Cool!  Never knew this was a thing and I've been fighting this champion for years!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2