Herald...

Herald (mistakenly?) set the bar high for providing easy boons, now other classes have to jump through a bunch of hoops at providing boons for their party, like doing combo fields, e.c.t and other classes are looking at it like, really? i don't play herald often, i just know herald can provide boons with facets every few seconds with a click of a skill, i know glint and the story and how she wanted to end the destruction of elder dragons and all that, is it wrong to bring this up because of how the story of glint is important to this spec and if not, why did they need to make it harder for other classes? peaceful and thoughtful discussion only please.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Confused 2

Some classes had easier mechanics like the engineer before, but Anet wanted to change them for some obscure reason “not a button press”. Herald's buffs are easy to put on, that's for sure, but on the other hand, he has virtually no ranged buffs. He has to deal with energy consumption in addition to his attacks and a low dps power compared to some classes.

• Like 4

Herald however lacks things like on demand stunbreaks for their subgroup, reliable instant Aegis, Reflects or customize their Utilities, but other classes do. 

And that's good. Herald is a good baby's first support, then the player can explore stronger options with more capability later as they get more accustomed to the game. 

I know many healers who started on Herald but looked elsewhere in the end because things that Druid, Firebrand, Tempest can do that Herald can't do make them attractive to pick up.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1