Request: pistol bullet indicator

I know not many people like pistol on Elementalist and it has some issues outside of this, but can I get a +1 for people who think it should get a better indicator than what we have now?

Right now, it shows up as orbs floating behind you or on the buff bar, but those areas are sometimes hard to identify in combat. Why can't there be an icon above the Attunement, or some indication that the bullet skill has changed (i.e. flip-over skill)? For example, on the new Thief spear, it's possible for two abilities to be linked to the same flipper function. This could be the same for Elementalist pistol.

Edited by Arcosa.9123
  • Thanks 2

Completely agree with this (along with a rework on the buff bar entirely).

A tiny icon on the buff bar or a tiny particle effect over my character's shoulder when dealing with Qadim's... gestures vaguely all over the place is not very communicative.

Making 2 and 3 be flip over buttons would do the job for me but there's probably some silly restriction with the code that prevents making 2 skills flip over at the same time. I find it very hard to believe that what we got is the fully planned idea, more like the best they could come up with given time/budget. Which is a real shame 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Making 2 and 3 be flip over buttons would do the job for me but there's probably some silly restriction with the code that prevents making 2 skills flip over at the same time. I find it very hard to believe that what we got is the fully planned idea, more like the best they could come up with given time/budget. Which is a real shame 

The Thief spear 2 and 3 are both chain skills with 3 flips, and if you use either, the other flips along with it.

I would believe it more if they said there is a restriction with when you store bullets and swap attunements. But, I can’t really abide them keeping it the way it is without alluding that they’re looking into a solution.

Also, the 1 skill automatically flips over when you have all four bullets, so I don’t see why they can’t just code it so that if it detects one bullet, it flips two skills, coded individually.

Edited by Arcosa.9123

2 hours ago, Arcosa.9123 said:

Also, the 1 skill automatically flips over when you have all four bullets, so I don’t see why they can’t just code it so that if it detects one bullet, it flips two skills, coded individually.

Maybe we can get rid of that awful skill completely while we're dealing with QoL on Pistol 😅

On 6/26/2024 at 10:45 AM, Khaldris.9026 said:

Maybe we can get rid of that awful skill completely while we're dealing with QoL on Pistol 😅

Actually, yeah, maybe. Or maybe it could actually do something.

On 6/28/2024 at 12:26 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Sounds good, but it might not be in the game's architecture for a weapon to put a unique buff someplace other than the buff bar...

A flip-over skill would suffice. The game can already detect when you have all four bullets to flip over the Pistol-1. So, it wouldn't be ridiculous to ask that they turn all the pistol skills into flip skills with different icons that detect their respective bullets. There's legitimately no reason why the bullet mechanic exists as is when an existing game feature is clearer.

11 hours ago, Arcosa.9123 said:

A flip-over skill would suffice. The game can already detect when you have all four bullets to flip over the Pistol-1. So, it wouldn't be ridiculous to ask that they turn all the pistol skills into flip skills with different icons that detect their respective bullets. There's legitimately no reason why the bullet mechanic exists as is when an existing game feature is clearer.

Is it going to interrupt skill queuing?