why did the only good pvp end?

17 hours ago, DarkK.7368 said:

Literally ALL YOU DO matters in 5v5.

I would also love 1vs1.

So what happens over and over to me is I run cap close, then I run to mid as fast as possible (all this with swiftness) but in this 1min or so my entire team is downed and dying and I am left alone vs 4 potentially skilled players. Sometimes I can`t even manage to run back to base. At this point they have two nodes going and +20 points from deaths. My entire team scatters and goes to die again in 1v3 1v4 fights, which gives them even more points. Meanwhile they have 2 nodes going on, of course.
What am I supposed to do that matters again? Sorry but I guess we agree to disagree here.

This game is insanely complex. IS IT SERIOUSLY that challenging for you Anet, to put a 1v1 arena on PvP or even better in WVW??? Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sacrifyx.3470 said:

So what happens over and over to me is I run cap close, then I run to mid as fast as possible (all this with swiftness) but in this 1min or so my entire team is downed and dying and I am left alone vs 4 potentially skilled players. 

Sure, the universe hates you and puts you constantly with a team with 4 bad players. Or some algorythm flagger your account for that. It's not like, by statistics, half of the times should be all the enemy team downed in mid. Or other times (to be honest, most of my times) mid keeps fighting like for hours, and if I dare to step in, I'm involved in the fight also for a lot of time, cause people dies one by one and returns fast.

And for the cases your entire team is downed, you see that from afar, then don't go there, then wait for your team to regroup

Simple question, simple answer, why did they eliminate 5 vs 5 in a competitive game. And whoever says you have the tournaments, the tournaments are specific hours, you can't play with your friends at the time you want, the minute you want. that's why pvp went to kitten

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Perminant 2v2-3v3-5v5 would allow more people to find the mode that better suites their spec/playstyle. In a nutshell, people like me would be better off in 3s under my prefered role of support. I get the feeling less mobile group fighters would also prefere 3s, since the roam/duelists in 5s are dominating pretty hard. There are ofc duelists who played 3s, but you can't just be outrotated and lose the game to roamers. I got nothing against rotating, but the mobility is to the point that 5v5 is not even about team based pvp anymore, it is mostly +1 ganking becuase multiple team mates paths accidently crossed during solo rotation.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 2:50 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

I think Anet's afraid of splitting players up though, because not getting matches at all is the true death.

Ya true, it's a massive risk, probably too much of a risk which is why they've never done it. It's one of those feedback loop-like problems...forced to take the medicine that's also slowly killing you type of thing.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:38 PM, Archer.4362 said:

Simple question, simple answer, why did they eliminate 5 vs 5 in a competitive game. And whoever says you have the tournaments, the tournaments are specific hours, you can't play with your friends at the time you want, the minute you want. that's why pvp went to kitten

Since it was dead. Outside of a few just for giggles pve groups that played once or twice a month, it was mostly solo players. 

I reached the top 50 on that ladder as a solo player, which says enough imo. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

2 and 3s are for bot farmers

there is nothing good about it.

Which is currently still better than 5s, with its bloated duelists, crept power roamers, and off peak p2 duos.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1