HIGH LATENCY in South East Asia [Merged]

I think it's important to point out that if your ping is > 300ms and the problem is fixed by connecting through a VPN then the problem is NOT actually caused by GW2's servers.

The fact that a VPN fixes it indicates that the problem is 100% the routing between your home and the GW2 servers. When you connect via a VPN that completely changes how traffic is routed and suddenly the problem is gone.

This means that the problem is highly likely to be your local ISP's routing and upstream providers to North America and the AWS servers GW2 uses. There is a small chance that it could be an AWS gateway server which is causing the issue in which case Anet might have some limited ability to push Amazon to improve things but it's most likely your ISP's routing and upstream providers.

Tracert might be able to tell you where the latency is being introduced but you would need to work out what destination to ping and then know how to interpret the results.

today, wizard tower did not cause any fps drops at all... and its so smooth.. idk what is going on at all... with full shaders and all graphics settings, it did not lag on me or drop fps .. I limited to 60 fps.. it stayed on 60 fps without dropping even one.. so weird.. yesterday, whenever i start walking toward mystic forge in wizard tower entrance, it dropped like 10-15 fps and as soon as i turn my camera away, fps would get to normal 60.. i tried it multipel times.. it happened when i turned camera toward mystic forge.. but today it did NOT happen.. so weird

checked fractals 100 too.. It did not cause any fps drops today whatsoever.. not a single frame drop today in fractal 100... what is going on? we did NOT receive any gw2 game updates.. I did not update any operating system updates.. I did not do any nvidia driver updates.. yesterday and today i didnot run any background programs while checking this... what changed? I'm totaly confused now.. Is there anyone else who experienced similar situations like me?

edit: also checked the gpu usage when switching from mistlock sanctuary to wizard tower..  gpu usage increased from 15% to 75% and sometimes 80% but it did not drop any frames at all.. fps stayed constant at 60...

If this is a silent fix, thank you devs for the fix... thank you so much .. now I can enjoy JW in peace X)

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871