Realistic Additional Features for the Elementalist

ippy.9048

現在のエレメンタリストを擁護した後で、「今更何を言っているんだ?」と思うかもしれません。実は、私はゲームプログラマーなので、ゲーム開発の難しさは理解していますし、正直、大幅な作り直しは実現不可能だと思います。(それにはいくらかかるかご存知ですか?)

したがって、私は現在の現実を受け入れ、楽しんでいます。

しかし、皆さんからのリワークの提案を読んだ後、私は自分自身のアイデアを思いつき、それを共有することにしました。

前提1:属性について

「4つの属性をフル活用する要件」は必要かという点は大きな問題です。個人的には、これは維持したいです。これがないと、GW2は独自性がなくなり、New Worldと同じようなものになってしまいます。そのため、スレッドでよく出てくる「属性を制限する」や「属性を減らす」といった提案は、もはやGW2の独自性がなくなってしまうため却下します。

前提 2: 武器の切り替え

武器の切り替えはエレメンタリストを強力にしすぎるため、良いアイデアではありません。また、複雑になりすぎます。属性制限が実装されていないことを考えると、武器の切り替えも避けるべきです。

前提 3: 開発者はおそらく「1」と「2」を認識している  ため、この 2 つの点を大幅に変更する可能性は低いです。(Guild Wars 3?)

提案 1: 武器の種類に基づいて特性を変更する

最初の提案は、武器の種類に基づいて特性を変更することです (武器ごとに特性を一意にします)。各武器に適切な特性を選択でき、これには比較的少ない労力しかかかりません。特性の名前を変更する必要はなく、武器の種類に基づいて効果を一意にするだけです。より複雑になりますか? いいえ、武器と一致しない特性を区別する必要があるため、現在はより複雑です。

提案 2: 属性吸収を実装する

在、耐性があるので、今度は吸収を実装しましょう。これは、魔法を使用するすべてのクラスに適用できる提案です。たとえば、火と同期すると、数秒間火傷のダメージを吸収し、それを力に変換します。治癒は多すぎるかもしれません。ネクロマンサーは毒を吸収し、メスマーは苦痛を吸収できます。4 つの属性 (火傷、毒、スロー、クリティカル) を持つエレメンタリストは、4 つすべてを吸収して、大きな差別化を図ることができます。視覚的な変更は必要ないため、労力は最小限です。

提案 3: 詠唱用のエリート スキルを追加する

コアエレメンタリストに詠唱用のエリート スキルを追加します。詠唱を積み重ねることで、オートアタック以外のスキルの効果が増加します。これはスキルの数値にのみ影響するため、必要な労力は最小限です。たとえば、効果が 1.1、1.2、1.3 など増加します。強すぎる場合は、詠唱中にダメージを受けると HP が 50% を下回ると効果がキャンセルされるというペナルティを追加します。積み重ねた詠唱の範囲拡張を追加するのはクールかもしれませんが、強すぎる可能性があります。これを F5 スキルにすることも選択肢の 1 つですが、これも強すぎる可能性があります。

提案 4: 属性圧縮を実装する

提案 3 と差別化するために、リスクを冒しても同じ属性を維持するメリットを追加します。属性圧縮とは、同じ属性で AA を使い続けると、同じ属性の他のスキルの効果が増加することを意味します。これは数値のみに影響するため、労力は最小限です。

ああ、想像すると素晴らしいですね。QA の作業負荷を考えると?いいえ、全然違います。バランス調整をお願いします。

Edited by ippy.9048
add new lines
  • Confused 3

I'll just play the assistant here and translate that:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After defending the current state of the elementalist, you probably think: "What are you saying now"? In fact, I am a game programmer, I understand the difficulties of developing a game and honestly remaking/redoing substantially seems to be presently impossible. (How long would that take, what do you think?) 

Therefore, I accept the current state and enjoy it.

But, after reading everyones proposals towards rework, I thought about continuing my own ideas decided to share them with you:

Preimse 1: About elements

The question  whether "The important matter to use all four elements to their fullest" is being necessary is a major issue. Personally, I want to keep it. Without it, GW2 would use its uniqueness and become just like New World. Therefore, the idea of reducing elements or limiting them that often came up in discussions would eliminate this aspect and therefore I'd not want that.

Premise 2: Switching weapons

This would make Elementalist too powerful, so it is not a good idea. It would also make things too complicated. Considerung that element restrictions are not implemented, it should be avoided to implement weapon switching.

Premise 3: Developers already know the former two points, so the probability of change here is low (Guild Wars 3).

Proposal 1: Implement Elemental Absorption

The first suggestion is to thcnage traits based on weapon types, in other words making traits unique to each weapons. (Remark: If I translate 特性 as trait, otherwise it would be skill I think)

You can select the appropraite traits for each weapon and this would be of not too much effort to implement.

There is no need to change the name of the traits, but to make their effects unique on the weapon types. Does it become more difficult by that? No, it is currently more difficult because you have to distinguish traits that don't match the weapon/are not valid for that weapon. (Remark: I know what is being meant here, my mother tongue just isn't Japanese)

Proposal 2: Implement Elemental Absorption

Currently, we have resistance, so let's implement absorption next. This is a suggestion for all classes using magic. For example, when synced with fire, absorb burn damage for a few seconds and convert it into power. Healing might be too much. Necromancers are able to absorb poison and mesmers are able to absorb torment. Elementalists with four elements can absorb all of them for greater differentiation. This needs only minimal effort since visual effects are not necessary.

Proposal 3: Add an Elite Skill for Casting.

Add an elite Skill for casting to core elementalists. By stacking casts, the effects of skills which are not auto-attacks are increased. this only affects skill numbers, so this also needs only low effort. For example, the effects increase by a factor of 1.1, 1.2 , 1.3 and so on. If this is too strong, just add a penalty where the effect is canceled if the HP is falling below 50% while casting. 

It would probably be cool to add a range extension for stacked casts (remark: If I translate this rightly), on the other hand, this might be too strong. Making this skill an F5 skill would be also one way but might be op too.

Proposal 4: Implement Element Compression

Different to Proposal 3, give benefits for maintaining an element despite the risks. Element compression would mean that continuing using auto attacks with the same element increase the effects of other skills of the same element. This would again, affect numbers only so it only needs minimal effort.

Oh, this is wonderful to imagine, isn't it? Thinking about the workload for QA? No, not at all. Please balance it properly.

-----------------------------------------------------

So far so good.

I apologize if I missed some notions in the Japanese, as it is clearly not my native tongue but I learned a while ago and try to speak with my wife and her family as much as I can.

Edited by DaKillaOfHell.5907
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Reading through all of that… I honestly have no idea what is actually even being suggested with most of that… half of it is senseless rambling with no clear concept or suggestion to be found…

what little did make sense though…

2) elemental absorbtion… interesting idea but not sure it’s necessary… also, what mesmer can absorb Torment? There is not a single skill or trait or trait for mesmers to this effect that I can find. Necromancers can absorb poison sure, but thats all… Necromancers are the only profession with any abilities or traits that allow for absorbing conditions… guardian and mesmer both do have a skill or two for condi conversion though, but nothing to the degree of what necromancer has for poison or what the OP is suggesting for elementalists…

4) elemental compression… this idea actually may have some merit and potential… its actually something that was suggested way back during the early alpha tests even. Many of us were not happy with the current design of elementalist and felt we should be able to focus on an element like in GW1… ideas like this were brought up to try and create a balanced way to incentivize camping one element while still maintaining the option for Attunement swapping for those who enjoy the play style.

Suggestions. 1 & 3 are completely incomprehensible…

Let me elaborate on Suggestion 1 and 3.

Suggestion 1 is to change the content of Traits to match the weapon..

Suggestion 3 is to add an elite skill for "chanting," which means doing nothing and charging power. By stacking this skill, you increase the numerical values of the next normal skill.