Human female model Offhand sword clips into face while running.

8 hours ago, AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

I can’t reproduce the bug you’re describing. Neither with stowed one-hand swords nor having them drawn. Are you sure it’s not a fault of the skin itself (e. g. being oversized)?

That's strange, I tried it with these skins: 

Disguised Umbrella Skin
Tahkyun's Edge 
Crucible

I think maybe class also has to do with it then, I'm using a Necromancer

3 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

That's strange, I tried it with these skins: 

Disguised Umbrella Skin
Tahkyun's Edge 
Crucible

I think maybe class also has to do with it then, I'm using a Necromancer

When exactly is this happening? If you are running with swords stowed or drawn? If it is happening with stowed weapons, the bug could related to a certain armour/outfit, since they can change the way stowed weapons are placed on the character.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AllNightPlayer.1286 said:

When exactly is this happening? If you are running with swords stowed or drawn? If it is happening with stowed weapons, the bug could related to a certain armour/outfit, since they can change the way stowed weapons are placed on the character.

Drawn, and specifically the offhand sword. If it also helps, it happens when I'm using a mainhand that isn't a mainhand sword as well. 
As for cosmetics

Helmet (hidden): Leystone light helmet

Chest: Bikini

Leggings: Requiem Leggings

Boots: Luminiscent shoes 

Edited by Jobber.6348

25 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Update: 
The culprit seems to be Mainhand Pistol on Necromancer. 

The stance somehow causes the Offhand sword position to be a little more tucked in than normal and as such causes face clips like this and this

Can confirm with my norn as well. I wonder if it is using dual-wield pistol animation?

edit,

Same with guardian pistol/sword animation. Looks like dual-wield pistol stance animation.

Edited by Justine.6351
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Update: 
The culprit seems to be Mainhand Pistol on Necromancer. 

The stance somehow causes the Offhand sword position to be a little more tucked in than normal and as such causes face clips like this and this

Ah, of course. If you use a pistol in main hand, the stance changes (on every race) and human/sylvari/norn women use the same running animation with main hand pistol, which is noticable different, than the "normal" one hand running animation. Will test it later, but I don't think, they changed it in any way since release.

Edited by AllNightPlayer.1286

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

Can confirm with my norn as well. I wonder if it is using dual-wield pistol animation?

edit,

Same with guardian pistol/sword animation. Looks like dual-wield pistol stance animation.

Thief mains who want OH Sword: You know what, no thanks

I just tested it as well: Yeah, sword clearly goes into the head. However, the running animation is still the same as ever. I presume, it wasn’t a problem back then, since all professions with MH pistol would only use OH pistol, shield, or dagger.

Furthermore, I’m not sure, if ANet should change the animation itself. It never turned out good, if ANet touches old animations. We still have to deal with many broken/silly animations they left us to deal with:

1. human female idle animations → removed during LS2 for being too “inappropriate” during dialogue scenes
  2. human female out of combat running animation with stowed weapons → bugged since release of Nightmare tower, e. g. hammerheads look like they will flip over
  3. norn male using female animations on LB attacks → Not sure, when this happened, but once you know (look, how he bends his upper body), you can’t unsee; check SB and old videos (before 2013/14) to see the difference
  4. necro axe 1 → changed due to a bug on auto-attack (quick attacking), which got fixed long ago (ele SC fire 1 now uses the same animation, necro once had)
  5. hammer stance for (melee) staves (→ It doesn’t work with many skins. NPC still use staff stance for melee attacks and it doesn’t look too bad.)
  6. strange looking MH sword auto-attack chains on warrior (since they switched Hamstring and Final Thrust), revenant, and elementalist.
Edited by AllNightPlayer.1286