Utility DPS Chrono Ascended Gear Question

Pachimari.2510

I'm looking at this build right now (don't know how 'meta' it claims to be):

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Utility_DPS

And for the ascended gear, I'm getting a little confused as I've never played enough to actually reach that point yet. It says it requires 15 Precise Infusions and 2 Mighty Infusions. I thought there are only 14 infusions slots available on a full ascended armour set + 3 ascended weapons? Also, if you mouse over the infusions that are linked there, it's the +5 one, but there are +7 and +9 ones available. Is there a specific reason for getting the +5 precise infusions, or can I splurge on the more expensive +9s?

One last point; the build calls for a Commander's leggings but everything else Berserkers. What is the rational behind this?

Thank you so much in advance for your guidance.

The +7 and +9 infusions are refering to the combined agony resistance with stats infusions.

They give 7 or 9 agony resistance on top of +5 stats. The return per infusion is hardly worth it and the total cost fpr getting all 14 infusions can easily surpass the cost of a legendary.

The maximum you can get to stats per infusion is 5 though.

The commander leggins is required to cap boon duration in fractals. Raids require even more commander since you don't get the fractal mastery/potion bonus to stats.

If I was you, I would try to get a little more accustomed with itemisation before considering going after +7 or +9 stat infusions.

@Cyninja.2954 said:The +7 and +9 infusions are refering to the combined agony resistance with stats infusions.

They give 7 or 9 agony resistance on top of +5 stats. The return per infusion is hardly worth it and the total cost fpr getting all 14 infusions can easily surpass the cost of a legendary.

The commander leggins is required to cap boon duration in fractals. Raids require even more commander since you don't get the fractal mastery/potion bonus to stats.

If I was you, I would try to get a little more accustomed with itemisation before considering going after +7 or +9 stat infusions.

Oh, I see, thanks! Would it be viable if I went full commanders for fractals?

@Pachimari.2510 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The +7 and +9 infusions are refering to the combined agony resistance with stats infusions.

If I was you, I would try to get a little more accustomed with itemization before considering going after +7 or +9 stat infusions.

Oh, I see, thanks! Would it be viable if I went full commanders for fractals?

There is 2 areas of the game where you want a support chrono: raids and fractals.

The main difference between both is: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Potion and the bonus stats they give when combined with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks#Fractal_Attunement

A player with 150 agony resistance and five stacks of a potion will gain 225 of its respective attribute.

225 concentration is equivalent to 15% boon duration (225/15). Thus your required boon duration for fractals is 15% less than for raids (under T4 circumstances).

I personally like to manage my stats via trinkets, since those are cheaper than armor and weapons. Full commanders is possible, but not needed. I'd recommend you go something along the lines of: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+dncfClfi9fCGoBMrhFVjiMAGhi78JGiprOZn2qF-jhRmABjpX4vHAAkKBBQ9nBV+95+DkCIwdVA-e

This setup is not perfected down to each single % (which would require different mix and matching similar to what you would find at qtfy.eu or snowcrows.com). It is a lot cheaper and more flexible though and can easily be upgraded for raids by getting a couple of commander armor pieces. The required exotic armor is far cheaper than commanders.

TL;DR: full commanders is overkill for fractals and will overcap boon duration, splashing in some berserker is advised.

Archived