Legendary Obsidian Armour - Gift of Persistence... Why force Conversion to Ancient Coins?

Think it's probably best to put this here, as this doesn't seem like a bug, but an oversight: Legendary Obsidian Armour still requires the Gift of Persistence, which has to be bought from Lyr and requires 250 Unusual Coins (per piece). The recipe has not changed, and still requires Unusual Coins. 

With the rollout of JW, all Unusual Coins have been converted into Ancient Coins (so all existing coins have now been converted). However SOTO chests still seem to be giving Unusual Coins, which makes sense if the Legendary Obsidian Armour still requires them for the Gift of Persistence.

But this begs the question... Why? 

If the things that required Unusual Coins (e.g. Obsidian Armour) still require them, what purpose does converting the existing coins to Ancient Coins serve, except to force people to regrind coins?

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

*Rubi confirmed in another post that they are going to fix this.

I haven't logged in yet but I really hope this is yet another oversight because I am not grinding coins again.

Edited by Futa.4375
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Anet : please give me unusual coins back, I was using them!  If you were going to do this, why not warn us so we could spend them BEFORE you turned them all into ancient coins?

Er...they did warn you. Previous expansions that use Unusual/Ancient Coin currency have all had this flip. JW was, I believe, confirmed to be the same way - and even if it wasn't, it stands to reason that it would follow the same pattern.

(And yes, Gift of Persistence still requiring Unusual Coins is confirmed to be a mistake; they'll fix it ASAP.)

1 hour ago, Batel.9206 said:

Er...they did warn you. Previous expansions that use Unusual/Ancient Coin currency have all had this flip. JW was, I believe, confirmed to be the same way - and even if it wasn't, it stands to reason that it would follow the same pattern.

(And yes, Gift of Persistence still requiring Unusual Coins is confirmed to be a mistake; they'll fix it ASAP.)

Except SOTO chests are still giving Unusual Coins, so more bugs.