Secrets of the Obscure Softlock - Commander without a Cause

21 minutes ago, Noxy.3169 said:

Pretty sure we just have to wait till they fix it now, including the new expansion being broken.

Would be nice if someone from Anet could atleast acknowledge that they have seen and heard it though. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Verbaux.6178 said:

Ran into the same problem. The "investigation" bar fills up, and nothing else happens. Tried to pass it three times already — to no avail. 
Does anyone know how to pass this instance?

they patch some bugs still for me this bug is still on anet tell me wait for the reset and well not really helpfull XD

5 hours ago, MrLores.2961 said:

During "Commander without a Cause", after filling out the "Investigate the camp for information" objective, the quest softlocks. Arina comes up to the horn and is supposed to sound it, but nothing happens instead and she just stands there. The same happens if the timer runs out before all the information is investigated. Me and my friends tried to do the quest multiple times and it always ends in a softlock.

Edit: I found a temporary workaround.

If you're facing this issue, here's what you need to do to push the quest forward.

1. Enter the instance
  2. Proceed through the quest until you have approached the camp and eavesdropped the conversation
  3. Wait 7 minutes for the hunting party to leave (the timer gets visible only when 2 minutes are left)
  4. (Important) Do not pick up the disguise at any point
  5. Wait for Arina to come close to the horn and make sure she stands still
  6. Walk into her detection cone. She will draw her weapon at you, making her reset her script
  7. After you're booted out of the camp, the quest will progress

Guys! he found a fix! it worked for me!

Edited by Cerbuwus.6954

5 hours ago, MrLores.2961 said:

During "Commander without a Cause", after filling out the "Investigate the camp for information" objective, the quest softlocks. Arina comes up to the horn and is supposed to sound it, but nothing happens instead and she just stands there. The same happens if the timer runs out before all the information is investigated. Me and my friends tried to do the quest multiple times and it always ends in a softlock.

If you're facing this issue, here's what you need to do to push the quest forward.

1. Enter the instance
  2. Proceed through the quest until you have approached the camp and eavesdropped the conversation
  3. Wait 7 minutes for the hunting party to leave (the timer gets visible only when 2 minutes are left)
  6. Walk into her detection cone. She will draw her weapon at you, making her reset her script

IT WORKS! THX GOD

11 hours ago, MrLores.2961 said:

1. Enter the instance

Thanks for this. I decided to replay the SotO story to refresh my memory and managed to find a way to also unlock the achievement "a shadow in the night" for those who want to complete it as well.

after step 2. While you wait, you can spam interact + ability 1 on some bystanders until you are no longer able to do it again. The detection meter over your head will permanently disappear and will make it seem like the guards will aggro you but they will just move for a few secs and then go back to searching. Interacting with any bushes will remove this effect. Once the timer is up, you can walk up to Arina and she will aggro but won't kick you out of the camp and the quest will progress normally. Achievement completed successfully with this extra step.

Edited by Critical Delay.9184

12 hours ago, MrLores.2961 said:

1. Enter the instance

Yes! It works for me too, thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I can't continue with the mission, I've already done the step-by-step instructions they sent me, but there's no way I can get out of the softlock, I also did the step-by-step instructions out of order, that didn't work either.

11 minutes ago, DeadBoyParis.9031 said:

How does the work around work if you can't wear the disguise?

you need the disguise to fill the bar to 100%, that is true.
however there is a timer that is at least initially hidden, if you take too long the game at some point show you where the information is and if you still don't pick it all up after a while it just progresses.
essentially start it, maybe get 1-2 clues and then wait a couple minutes.

1 hour ago, bq pd.2148 said:

you need the disguise to fill the bar to 100%, that is true.
however there is a timer that is at least initially hidden, if you take too long the game at some point show you where the information is and if you still don't pick it all up after a while it just progresses.
essentially start it, maybe get 1-2 clues and then wait a couple minutes.

I got the other clues except the ones that require disguise, the time was reset and it stayed like that, the story is not progressing? There are only 2 clues left, they require disguise. I couldn't find what to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swalk.1750 said:

I got the other clues except the ones that require disguise, the time was reset and it stayed like that, the story is not progressing? There are only 2 clues left, they require disguise. I couldn't find what to do.

I waited for 10 minutes without doing anything and finally it progressed on its own.