unusual changed to ancient but ..

22 minutes ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

Will arcane drops change and give ancient now? I have 3 gifts of persistence made hope I don't lose them .

If you have the gifts they shouldn't be taken away.  Otherwise, its bug fixing patch day. Its should be fixed reasonably soon. 

Then again, this is Anet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Neathra.1950 said:

If you have the gifts they shouldn't be taken away.  Otherwise, its bug fixing patch day. Its should be fixed reasonably soon. 

Then again, this is Anet.

If it is fixed within a month I will be surprised. The Expansion was pushed out and the patch was not ready is my guess. The unusual coins have been broken since EOD.

Edited by Mysty Meadows.1425

19 minutes ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

If it is fixed within a month I will be surprised. The Expansion was pushed out and the patch was not ready is my guess. The unusual coins have been broken since EOD.

Really? I never noticed an issue with the EOD -> SOTO swap.

Oof...I was wondering about this...and was hoping they'd do Obscure Coins instead.

There's no way to change people's coins back at this point...probably not once they've been converted.

The solution couldn't be as easy as changing the cost for the Gift of Persistence...could it? Using the Ancient coins might work, but it might break something.

6 minutes ago, Neathra.1950 said:

Really? I never noticed an issue with the EOD -> SOTO swap.

Unusual coins are a placeholder currency. It started in EOD, then it was showing up instead of Ancient so they swapped them around eventually.  Then it popped up in Soto. They used it in making obsidian armor. Now it is being moved to Janthir. See the theme here lol

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Meridian.4983 said:

Oof...I was wondering about this...and was hoping they'd do Obscure Coins instead.

There's no way to change people's coins back at this point...probably not once they've been converted.

The solution couldn't be as easy as changing the cost for the Gift of Persistence...could it? Using the Ancient coins might work, but it might break something.

They didn't want players walking into the new area with tons of coins burning a hole in their pockets. Lol I actually thought about buying Janthir today. Glad I didn't

Edited by Mysty Meadows.1425

Just now, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

Unusual coins are a placeholder currency. It started in EOD, then it was showing up instead of Ancient so they swapped them around eventually.  Then it popped up in Soto. They used it in making obsidian armor. Now it is being moved to Janthir. See the theme here lol

It reads more to me like an easy to convert currency that lets them set everyone back to 0 for a new expansion  - like with the green/blue shard split or how there used to be a pof/hot split in raid currencies. just one they are being sloppy when zeroing people out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neathra.1950 said:

It reads more to me like an easy to convert currency that lets them set everyone back to 0 for a new expansion  - like with the green/blue shard split or how there used to be a pof/hot split in raid currencies. just one they are being sloppy when zeroing people out.

I was trying to not go there but yeah I agree 100%

Just now, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

They didn't want players walking into the new area with tons of coins burning a hole in their pockets. Lol

Yeah that's for sure, same with materials (wanting us to trade it all away to the Zephyrites instead of crafting our Homesteads🙃)

But now there may not be much of a choice since they altered the currency; it comes down to not being able to obtain SotO rewards in SotO, since the currency has to be farmed in the new xpac maybe not everyone has.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Meridian.4983 said:

Yeah that's for sure, same with materials (wanting us to trade it all away to the Zephyrites instead of crafting our Homesteads🙃)

But now there may not be much of a choice since they altered the currency; it comes down to not being able to obtain SotO rewards in SotO, since the currency has to be farmed in the new xpac maybe not everyone has.

Actually, I got Unusual Coins out of the Wizard Tower JP. So, wide ranging oopsie.

• Haha 1

Ha! Makes sense that the Wizard's Tower currency wasn't converted, otherwise the Gift of Persistence cost may have changed from Unusual to Ancient too.

Still...oops.

Edited by Meridian.4983
unscrambling my brain
  • Haha 1