New "don't show this again" box on limited npc purchases doesn't work

Activated it yesterday with multiple things like fractal box keys and the converters that eat bloodstone dust, etc. Today I'm being shown the prompt again.

Would be an awesome QoL if it actually worked 😅

• Like 4

What's that? Never heard of such a feature. Did I overread it while reading the patch notes too quickly?

I just know that some stuff always got removed from the list already - if the purchase was limited. Others still showed. (Afaik the once per account stuff got removed and other stuff still showed? I did not really find any consistency though. Vendors with x per tab per week or day it would be nice of the tab got hidden if you did the purchase.)

Edit: Oh now I noticed it. It is at the warnings for buying stuff. (That usually are supposed to appear mainly when spending expensive/rare currency. That all the cheap stuff also has though. Needed to get some Philosopher's Stones for the daily mystic forger. Need to try it.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

What's that? Never heard of such a feature. Did I overread it while reading the patch notes too quickly?

I just know that some stuff always got removed from the list already - if the purchase was limited. Others still showed. (Afaik the once per account stuff got removed and other stuff still showed? I did not really find any consistency though. Vendors with x per tab per week or day it would be nice of the tab got hidden if you did the purchase.)

I didn't see it in the patch notes either tbh.

But I'm talking about the warning popup that tells you "you can only buy x of this per day, are you sure?". That has a checkbox now, should let you skip the message going forward. If it actually worked, lol.

Yes. I edited as you posted and quoted. I noticed this at the mystic forge vendor. Where it does seem to be a warning (though you can buy unlimited) related to maybe spending rare currency. (For super new players the Spirit Shards might be rare. I have more than 13k though.)

At another vendor selling limited stuff I did not get such a box. At least not at the item that acts as vendor - fractal reliquariy and such stuff. My guess it that it is only enabled for certain stuff. (Reliquary can't be opened anymore at the same day.) And probably a bug that resets it for the purchases that refresh daily. Need to test it tomorrow for the Philosopher's Stones. If it still works there ... it might be a bug resetting it only on the daily limited stuff.

Edit: It even resets on the Philosopher's Stones that have no purchase limit. (So it isn't just accidentally resetting while resetting the purchase limit on dailies - for other stuff.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

I don't know what's more concerning, that a bug like this is more work to fix than can be pushed out in a single hotfix, at the very least temporarily disabling the new interaction until it works, or the thought that the devs intentionally designed it to function this way, such that it re-shows you the prompt every time in spite of the tick box.

• Confused 1

Like, the horrifying thought did cross my mind of what if the devs thought we would want a "Don't show again today for this item but please show me this popup again tomorrow just in case I forget about these items being limited purchase by then" button...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sunyavadin.7962 said:

Like, the horrifying thought did cross my mind of what if the devs thought we would want a "Don't show again today for this item but please show me this popup again tomorrow just in case I forget about these items being limited purchase by then" button...

I mean with the youtube shorts, tiktok etc many people do have short memories.

So maybe?

• Haha 1

i can confirm that this checkbox not working. i think it worked on day one but now it's still showing the dialog and checking on the checkbox again doesn't change the fact that the next day it shows it again and the checkbox is unchecked 😞

• 3 weeks later...