Petition for Stoic Alder to drink a strong cup of coffee and talk about 20% faster

Petition for Stoic Alder to drink a strong cup of coffee and talk about 20% faster  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get this bear on some caffiene to speed up how fast he talks?

• Yes please
    • No, his dawdling pace is important for immersion

Listen. The rumbling of his voice is perfect for a bear. I do however have things I would like to be doing, and of all the new Bearkin, he is particularly... Unhurried. I suggest we introduce him to a strong cup of Elonian coffee and see if we can't get through some of these conversations just a liiiiittle bit faster.........

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Nah, he's a good example that you don't always have to rush for things!  I'd petition to make him slower, except that probably then you'd get kicked out of the game for being not active for too long 😄

But seriously, I really like that he is a deliberate talker. For me, it adds to the immersion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My guildmate raised the same point, and because you hear him early on I also expected all of the Bearfolk to be that slow paced. But then the rest of them just talk like everybody else, which is why Stoic Adler being an outlier makes me want to speed him up juuust a little bit. I'd say slow them all down but those story instances do be dialogue heavy.

So it does now make me wonder- Comment if you would instead vote for All of the bearkin to be fed a heavy meal and talk about 40% slower...

There's a lot of dialogue and little action in the story, and Stoic Alder is just one small part of that, so it seems fine to me. The "things you would like to be doing" include: listening to 25 more minutes of voiced unskippable dialogue from a variety of other characters; walking to a place and listening to one NPC monologue for 3 minutes while you run around stabbing anything with a healthbar nearby to entertain yourself; and engaging with a boss whose encounter consists of 3 burst phases you smash through in 4 seconds, separated widely by yet more minutes of dialogue.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Stoic Alder specifically.

(The story is fine, it's fine, but having a story read to me is not my favorite activity, but it's fine)

• Like 2