Let's talk Aerodrome/Mistlock and Homestead

Okay so alt parking in maps like Aerodrome and Mistlock Sanctuary has been the norm for instanced content and easy character swaps for a lot of us. Homesteads kind of puts a bit of pressure on us to park those alts in the Homestead instead. In most cases, this would add a single loading screen because you'd have to log into the Homestead, then exit to last map. You cannot enter the Homestead from Aerodrome or Mistlock Sanctuary. This means you have yet another loading screen to get to the Raid/Fractal lobby.

Homestead>Lion's Arch>Aerdrome>Raid Instance = 4 loading screens to swap characters.

Even if you let us enter directly to/from Aerodrome via portal scroll or something, it's still 3 loading screens.

So, my ideas:

Let us build portals to each raid wing/strike instance/fractal lobby directly inside of our Homestead.

These could require certain levels of completion/currencies from the places you get them and could serve as additional rewards from the content they are for.

Let us use squads while in our home instance, just treat us like we're in a solo party when doing so.

This would be important for letting LFG continue to function while in our homes. Whether or not we get portals, I think this is important. That 9/10 group often fills before you're even able to load out of your homestead to click join.

I think the Homestead is a wonderful addition and I think making it really work with all the facets of GW2 is important for it to be successful.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

A nice idea, but it doesn't do anything for people with other lounges or game modes. If I'm in WVW, I go back to my previous map (Armistice Bastion), then have to exit to a PvE map, then Homestead. Still 4 loading screens.

A better idea would be to designate an area of each lounge as the player neighborhood where home portals can be dropped.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

A nice idea, but it doesn't do anything for people with other lounges or game modes. If I'm in WVW, I go back to my previous map (Armistice Bastion), then have to exit to a PvE map, then Homestead. Still 4 loading screens.

A better idea would be to designate an area of each lounge as the player neighborhood where home portals can be dropped.

At least we're already used to the inconvenience with Armistice, since we've had to leave Armistice to use the world map already 🤣

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, jokke.6239 said:

At least we're already used to the inconvenience with Armistice, since we've had to leave Armistice to use the world map already 🤣

That's not entirely accurate. You can bring up the WVW map in Armistice (without a few bits of info displayed) and then press B while the map is open to choose which map you want to travel to.

Unless you meant the PvE map. Then you are correct.

• Confused 1

Just now, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

That's not entirely accurate. You can bring up the WVW map in Armistice (without a few bits of info displayed) and then press B while the map is open to choose which map you want to travel to.

Unless you meant the PvE map. Then you are correct.

PVE map yeah 🙂

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

I'd like to think this same logic can be applied to other areas, I just don't play other game modes so I don't know what else experiences the same issue

1 hour ago, Noro.2879 said:

I'd like to think this same logic can be applied to other areas, I just don't play other game modes so I don't know what else experiences the same issue

Likely they just need to open up the portals to several areas other than pve maps.