Suggestion: Make Home Nodes have higher yield for the Instance owner.

The addition of the Homestead gathering boxes that can only be used by the owner heavily implies that Anet wants us to obtain out own home instance nodes instead of just mooching off others that already did so. Problem with that is the vast majority of Home Instance Nodes take a RIDICULOUSLY long time to recoup their initial price and become profitable. Take for example the Season 4 nodes, which are some of the more profitable ones. They take on average 240 days, or 8 months of harvesting them every single day before they pay themselves off. And the season 3 and 4 Nodes are the outliers here, most of the others take THOUSANDS of days to pay off. The gem store nodes all take over 2000 days, or over 5 YEARS to become profitable,  and the Enchanted Treasure Box, which can ONLY be harvested by the owner, takes almost a whole DECADE to pay itself off.

My suggestion is to make it you're the owner of the node, it become a Rich Node that gives triple the yield to you only (visitors just see a regular node that gives the normal amount.) Or you could tie the increased yield to the new Homestead Gathering Boxes. I would also be happy if you could just make these nodes cheaper to obtain (We just had a return to Season 3 event a while back, you couldn't have given us a free Season 3 Node as an achievement award?)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ive always been an advocate for upgrading the nodes, the year they introduced an upgraded candy corn node i placed several suggestions for it here. id love to have more collections or achievements to research the ability for the character to yield more output from nodes. Festivals can get better nodes, the elusive 4th garden plot can appear, node clusters can be upgraded into moderate (not quite rich) nodes.

Fingers Crossed it could happen once more.

I actually wouldn't mind being able to complete additional collections or achievements to upgrade home instance nodes. 😄 Would also be happy to just let my friends do the rapid gathering in the homestead, too. Then I don't have to wait on their behinds to finish gathering. 😜

The nodes are what they are. If you want them, get them. If not, don't. I am pretty sure ROI wasn't Anet's concern when they made them.

Cumulatively, the home nodes provide a sizeable influx of materials and currency, if one is willing to invest in them.